Guest ChgoBoy

MC Policies, etc.

Guest ChgoBoy

First of all, let me say kudos to the admin for be so focused on privacy policy, message center policy and T&C. I do have a question however regarding MC Policy, If I may. Within the body of MC policy, resides this statement for possible rejection of applicants for MER membership:

"Publicly demonstrated member conduct, prior to joining MER that establishes a history of egregious conduct or chronically problematic behavior may be considered in the determination of granting Message Center post access."

Is clarification possible on this? The reason I ask is; it reminds me of, what most credit card companies now utilize, which is termed in the credit lending world as "Universal Credit Reporting" which basically speaks to the fact that, if you were late paying your mortgage one month, they; being your visa, MC, Amex, etc, could raise your APR to an unacceptable rate to punish you for a late payment, based on your past behavior. Are you saying here, that people that might abide by the established rules here, could be pre-judged by their past behavior elsewhere and be denied membership here, based on that history?

I'm sure that isn't the case but would appreciate any clarification you could provide for me.

Thanks, and again, outstanding site.

Not to worry, we are not in the interest rate business. Your mortgage is safe.

Members that observe the rules will find a welcoming environment.

The policy statement was drafted to be clear and unambiguous. We feel that it is.

We are what we do. While past actions don't guarantee future actions they are one indicator. Thus they are a factor worthy of consideration.

Thanks for your comments.