Guest LeapYear

Login question

Guest LeapYear

I didn't want to muck up my other question with this one, hence a new topic... I noticed that when I log in at the home page by clicking on the "Login" box, my screen name shows in the dropdown box. When I click on it, my password is inserted in the "Password" box. This is very convienient as I always have trouble remembering my password (since I use different passwords for each of many different sites). However, If I try to login on any page other than the home page, I still get my Login name in the dropdown box, but I don't get the password when I click on the screen login name. This can be very inconvient when you are reading a message and decide to respond to it if I haven't already logged in. Is this intentional or is it just a glitch? If intentional, I am sure there is a good reason, it just doesn't occur to me.

Thanks

Leap Year

Guest BostonGuy

This may be a good clue for them to discover what is going on. It was good of you to post it.

For me, when I log in, the login box disappears entirely. Instead, a Logout link shows up on the tool bar. Since I don't purposefully log out -- no one else has access to this computer -- the software keeps me logged in for what seems like several days.

I'm wondering if those who are having problems might try something similar?

For example, would it be possible to close this site, close this browser, etc.... but not log out? I do that all the time and even reboot the machine and I'm still logged in when I come back (usually). The trick is that I don't formally log out.

If multiple people are using a system, I could see how that might be a problem although, honestly, it might be more secure, in a weird kind of way: when I come back to the site, if I'm logged in, there is only a "Logout" link that is visible to the user. When I'm logged out, my username and password show up. Consequently, if someone did happen to find this site while using my machine, they wouldn't know who I was logged in as -- all they would see is "Logout".

Anyway, just my two cents.

BG