marcanthony

Lara Fabian

• Members

On my last trip to Montreal, the bartender at Unity (who is a fucking gorgeous boy in his own right, a gymnast, but I digress) found out that I like Lara Fabian.

So on my last night there, he presented me with a CD that was made from a live performance of hers...

I just finished listening to it,,, and it fucking blew me away.

She is such a talented performer with one of the most gorgeous voices I have ever heard... and such a real person.

Can't figure out her lack of popularity in the US... but guess that gives me another reason to keep going back to Quebec.

Guest StevenDraker

Marc Anthony,

Unlike the French Canadian pop star Celine Dion, the Belgian born singer Lara Fabian has a great popularity mostly in the french speaking countries - Belgium, France, Switzerland and some in Canada. I am a big fan of her www.larafabian.com

• Members

Steven:

I know she is very popular in those countries... I just don't understand her relative obscurity in the US. Many of her songs are in English (though I have to say I really like the songs she sings in Italian and French even better). And her voice is both magical and powerful.

But we do completely agree on the fact she is wonderful. I am a fan as well! ^_^

Guest Jakobsen

I "discovered" Lara Fabian in the summer of 2001 through the theme song, Love by Grace, that she provided to the popular Brazilian soap opera "Lacos de Familia (Family Ties)." I believed that show ran from 2000 to 2005.

What's curious is how Globo TV discovered Lara. They practically launched her international singing career since Laços de Família was/is televised in over 60 countries.

----

My first post here; a refugee from the old board.

• Members

>----

>

>My first post here; a refugee from the old board.

Let me be the 2nd to welcome you here! ^_^

Actually my very first exposure to Lara Fabin was Adagio (the Italian version) which is quite beatiful. One of my favortie taboo strippers Damian used to dance to it... and every time I would show up to Taboo, he would use that song for his slow song.

So I always knew she could sing, but when I listened to this recent CD of her live performance, I was so impressed with her range and her verstatility that I definitely became a new fan.

• Members

Thanks all, because of this thread I bought a couple of her CD's as she is unbelievable!!!

You might enjoy looking up Renee Olstead and her self titled CD. Completely different but very very talented. Dane Scott from New York sent me her CD and it has become one of my favorites also.

Enjoy

Guest Oliver

Marc -

Just wanted to thank you for alerting me to this artist with a fantastic voice. It's so clear and she has great range - you can understand the words, too!!! :D

On certain tracks she has a Streisand tone and quality in a few phrases, but is really unique for the most part.

Thanks again! ^_^

(Hope to see you again sometime in Montreal.)

Oliver

• Members

>

>Thanks again! ^_^

>

>(Hope to see you again sometime in Montreal.)

>

>Oliver

Oliver: You are certainly welcome. I used to think that maybe I was biased toward her because I associated her songs with some of my favorite boys... but the more I heard her sing, the more I fell in love with her... not the imagery! haha

Anyway... I really too hope that we will see each other in Montreal again. I continue to go there with great regularity... and the more of the rest of the world that I see, the more I am convinced I'll keep going back there more and more and more! ^_^