Guest straycat

Need Notebook Suggestion Or Should I Go Treo Style?

Guest straycat

I'm so tired of lugging around a 6 lbs notebook when I travel. I really only use it for checking a few web sites making a post or two and email, lots of email. Can anyone suggest a reliable lightweight notebook?

My other option is to get a Treo style phone. My mobile is T-Mobile and they have several lightweight email and edge based phones now. I wonder how easy or hard it would be to make a post here, for example, using a SDA or MDA type phone. Anyone have experience to share?

• Members

I have a Treo and can get onto most any site which is great but I can not get onto here. I don't know why. But for emails and general surfing it is great. The screan is small and you can adjust the contrast so you can pretty much surf without people looking over at what you're doing. Plus with the Treo there are programs you can buy to where you can watch video files. I have yet to do that but since the screan is small I would imagine the quality would be pretty good. The one thing you have to watch out for with the Treo is that sometimes it like to just restart itself often times mulitiple times in a row but that is pretty rare.

Hugs,

Greg

Guest straycat

Thanks Greg. Tmobile (my mobile co) doesn't offer the Treo. They actually have two variations one is the MDA the other the SDA. The latter seems to receive good reviews so I might give it a try.

An option a friend mentioned to me is the new Blackberry 8700 but I don't think I can use it on the Internet. Maybe someone here might know.

Honestly guys I would say the Treo is better than the Blackberry for some things, but the Treo is better for others. I have a Blackberry and use it do to the mass amounts of email I get from clients and need to be in touch almost every minute of the day. The Blackberry and the Treo both will get you on the net but the service is slow loading and some pages and sites do not load correctly. Plus keep in mind for the internet portion of your Treo or Blackberry you must pay an additional fee. Mine is for unlimited data at about $46 a month. I do not use the internet on my phone for any purpose other than movie info, information, weather, flights, etc. As for read webpages and search takes patience. I would personally choose to take my laptop with me on trips unless I knew all I was doing was email and texting. If I had an incline to surf the web it would be on my laptop. Hope that helps. Sony has a nice little new laptop that is 3.5 pounds and is small and concise. It is a Vio.