marcanthony

Violence at Moscow Gay Pride

• Members

Having just returned from Moscow, and feeling uncomfortable and unwanted for most of my trip there, this event didn't surprise me much.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...L&feed=rss.news

I reported an event outside of 3 monkeys (in the Europe section) involving special forces while I was there.

Again I will just say that for me, I found the Russian boys some of the most beautiful I have ever seen anywhere in the world. But the issues that society has for basic human rights and who should have them makes a no-brainer for me as to whether I will return or not.

Guest Barry

During the Soviet days homosexuality, religion and neo-fascism were repressed by the government. Now that Russia is a more "open" society religious fundamentalists and neo-fascists get to repress and attack gays. Now that's progress. :(

Barry

Guys honestly it is not the most popular thing in main stream Russia for persons to be gay. It is still a taboo even though we are open to sexual experiences. If you travel to any East block country choose guys to meet up with carefully as some will act interested then take you to a hotel and rob you and harm you physically.

I am in Florida now, but my parents are from Ukraine, I was born there and travel back to see family often. It is not the best place to be gay.

be careful