flguy

Site Speed

• Members

I have been finding for the past month or so my computer seems to go very slowly on many sites, but MER seems to be one of the worst. It sometimes takes up to a minute to go from one page to another or even back to the previous page. My computer is new and should be speedy, is this my computers fault? I saw someone posted about this in another forum but thought more people might see it here and post a response. Thanks

Guest BostonGuy

Do you have effective antivirus and anti-spyware software installed? I bet your computer has gotten infected and it's busy doing lots of things you're not aware of.

I've recommended SpySweeper many times. I think it's a terrific problem and it might solve the problem you have. If you go to www.webroot.com , you can do a free spyware scan (I think). They used to let you do a free trial and that might still be an option, too.

Good luck.

BG

• Members

Great advice!!

I believe it was BG that recommended Spy Sweeper to me on another site. I've not had any problems since installing it on my PC.

Also bought a copy for the PC of a relative when it got infected with "nasties". It was the only thing that got that PC up and running again.

Now for the big question. Just saw that Spy Sweeper ver 2.0 is coming out. Any thoughts on whether it is best to upgrade immediately or wait to see if there are bugs? Are their updates thoroughly tested before being sent out?

Guest BostonGuy

My advice with software is to always wait for new versions to settle down before installing them, unless there is an urgent reason to go ahead.

And, yes, I was the one who recommended SS to you on the old M4M. :-)

Nice to see you here. :-)

BG

• Members

Thanks BG I will take a look, but I do have spyware and antivirus installed. It seems a little better this morning so I'm not sure if the cable connection is also part of the problem. I talked with someone who stayed here for some time recently and he said he had no problems, so it must be my computer. Thanks all

I was having the same problem about a week ago. I ran my virus and spayware programs, defragmented my disk and cleared all of my temporary internet pages that were saves. All is well now.