JKane

Really liked State of Play

• Members

I'd seen the original UK series and was prepared to be disappointed. I wasn't. They managed to work in everything I could remember from the original, even made some things better--really liked the indictment of the Haliburton/KBR's of the world. The heart of the piece is the decline of journalism though, which is just as important a story.

Some may feel it's talky and slow, but I feel it's a very well done tense political thriller--with twists and turns (like the original).

Guest EXPAT

SPOILER ALERT

I liked the movie as well, but I was disappointed that Corporate bad guys weren't really the cause of the deaths. That part disappointed me. I was hoping to really bring down that outsourced army company.

• Members
SPOILER ALERT

I liked the movie as well, but I was disappointed that Corporate bad guys weren't really the cause of the deaths. That part disappointed me. I was hoping to really bring down that outsourced army company.

I agree, but that was kind of the point of the piece in the original too. Despite the importance of the first story (and the friendship) the story is the story no matter what, and it's the nature of the business for it to be displaced.