Guest wowpow

Harry Potter, last book 6 a.m. launch in Thailand

Guest wowpow

Harry Potter's fate revealed

The Harry Potter saga has apparently closed with a magical finale. If you want to know right now whether Harry survives, click to read.

In the novel released at 6am Thailand time (2300 GMT) Friday in Europe, Africa and Asia and due hours later in the western hemisphere, author JK Rowling has let the title character survive the last instalment of his dangerous adventures. 

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows sees the schoolboy wizard triumph in a final battle over evil. 

For months, speculation had raged among Rowling fans about which major characters, perhaps including Potter himself, might meet their demise to conclude the seven-book series. 

Several million copies of the Deathly Hallows were expected to be sold in the day after it official went on sale.

Bangkok Post

HarryPotterDraco.jpg

Drago and Harry

Guest kenrfc

YAWNNNNN

Here in San Francisco we have City Hall all lit up orange in anticipation of Barry Bonds passing Hank Aaron in all time home runs.

(Probably also a YAWNNN to most posters here)

Well, I was part of the 12:01 AM group waiting in line for the book's release. I had taken my younger family members who were so excited about the event. They dressed up and got ready for the event but their parents did not want to wait in line with the madness so I was called. It was a bit wild and the bookstore had Harry Potter trivia and each right answer got a free movie pass. They had artists painting symbols on the hands and faces of those willing. They had other artists helping them make wands, and other things. They played music and movies in the parking lot. Everyone seemed to have a great time. I enjoyed the spectacle of it all and any book that can get some many young people to love reading is well worth its weight in gold. IMHO