BiBottomBoy

Palin Again

• Members

lookin'-

Thanks for the reply. It is always "better" if we have some idea of the motivation behind a reply, isn't it? I never think you to be "mean". Yesterday was a long day for me and I likely "over responded", at least a bit.

I would also like to think that I am as compassionate about our fellow human travelers as anyone. However, I have to admit, I don't always agree with what pols think is the cure. We seem to have fallen into a methodology that money will cure any and every thing. It will not, else we would have solved all the world problems a long time ago. Here I am particularly thinking of medical care and education. Yes, money is required. But, unlimited amounts of money will not cure people from eating the wrong foods, waiting too long to look after their health and certainly not provide care givers and facilities who do just that, give care. I think it likely you will respond with something about those who cannot afford medical care. I am not sure exactly what that means without more context but I am referring to folks who have plenty of money who do not take care of themselves (in the first example).

The education system that I know the most about is the one here in MEM. We spend at least the "average" amount per student and get inferior results. Why? First, I blame the parents. Second, I blame the "system" for thinking money and more money will solve the problem. I do think we have a large quantity of involved teachers who are also required but they are not being supported properly by the parents or system. Notice, at no time, did I suggest that any involvment from the "government" would be helpful in the least. In fact, it is the main problem, by fostering such views as money is the cure.

Sorry to rant. Again, thanks for the reply.

Best regards,

RA1