ihpguy

Glee - Episode 10 - Yes/No.

• Members

Could GLEE get any gayer this week?

Wedding Bell Blues made anyone else pine just one more time for Marilyn McCoo and Florence Larue?

Amber and Chord's duet of Summer Lovin' from Grease?

Synchronized swimming? Yes, a G-D synchronized swim number starring Mr. Chord Overstreet?

A Busby Berkeley-inspired aquatic folly? So, so MGM'ish.

Some really wonderfully-scripted bitch slaps?

The Bieste eloping with Cooter and Sue settling for David Boreanaz?

Fun direction by Eric Stoltz?

Emma's acceptance?

Rachel's...?

The truth about Finn's dead dad?

Interesting episode and worth the wait.

Guest lurkerspeaks

There was a lot going on, but it seemed like a few of the characters were after thoughts. Brittany had little or no lines in the episode. Puck and Newbie Rory were pretty silent except for the Summer Nights scene.

And what is up with making Sue all nice and understanding? The appeal of her character is her sharp wit and her meanness.

Just my two cents worth

Frankly I'm glad that Sue was nice this week. Her character was getting very redundant and boring. They desperately need to do something more with her other than putting down Glee club week after week. I for one was grateful for a different (for a change) Sue for a week.

Guest lurkerspeaks

I also wished they could've gone into a little more details about Coach Beiste's elopement. I guess that is the problem with such a large cast--you can't give everyone indepth storylines every episode.

I also wished they could've gone into a little more details about Coach Beiste's elopement. I guess that is the problem with such a large cast--you can't give everyone indepth storylines every episode.

Hopefully they will do a flashback episode on the elopement as they get closer to Will's wedding. But the big question is "will Rachel say YES OR NO"?

Guest lurkerspeaks

But the big question is "will Rachel say YES OR NO"?

In my opinion, it will be decided by whether or not Rachel gets accepted into the school in NYC. The character of Rachel is too focused on being a star to accept the proposal if the celebrity carrot is still dangling in front of her. But if the dream of stardom is squashed for the time being, she could accept Finn's proposal. Of course, she would just be "settling" which will cause issues down the road.

• Members

#1: The episode's title is Yes-No. Emma said yes, so Rachel will say no. The big question is how the producers can keep (all/some) of the seniors on the show

#2: Rachel has always been the most goal-oriented character of the bunch. More than Kurt. So...

#3: They only have 43 minutes for an episode. And the gave time to Arty and Becky. Something has got to give.

#4: They have to vary the Sue Sylvester a bit from week to week or she'll get tired fast.

#5: I think the big concern of the producers is that they don't "jump the shark." I keep waiting with baited breath, episode after episode for hints of this. I thought the Pot O'Gold episode was "meh." But then they came back strong with the virginity WestSide-First Time episode, Sappho Santana, Hold Onto 16 and Extraodinary XMas. And now Busby Berkeley. So...

#6: I keep on thinking, despite protestation, SPIN-OFF. They have to continue the graduating permanent cast somehow. Or else a do-over with a mass killing like Die-Nasty?

name='lurkerspeaks' timestamp='1326908215' post='49757']

In my opinion, it will be decided by whether or not Rachel gets accepted into the school in NYC. The character of Rachel is too focused on being a star to accept the proposal if the celebrity carrot is still dangling in front of her. But if the dream of stardom is squashed for the time being, she could accept Finn's proposal. Of course, she would just be "settling" which will cause issues down the road.

Since Rachel, Finn and Curt are staying on next year and they are graduating, the only thing producers can do is to show them either in the NY college in back and forth story lines or they don't go to NY and end up in a community college in Ohio. Since the spin-off has been nixed by Fox and Ryan then that is the only way they can stay on the show and have it be relevant.

And speaking of Glee, we now know who will be playing Rachel's two dads. The patriarchs of the Berry household will be portrayed by none other than celebrated film actor Jeff Goldblum and acclaimed Broadway vet Brian Stokes Mitchell. Respectfully, they'll be playing Hiram and LeRoy Berry, the adoptive parents to Lea Michele’s Rachel Berry character.

• Members

Well, obviously Jeff is the sperm donor. We know that Brian can sing. He''s done more than enough on Broadway. but can Jeff sing or will the autotune be working on the highest setting? I could just see Jeff and Brian in drag on their basement stage doing "We're Just Two Little Girls From Little Rock!"

A seminal moment in television.

And speaking of Glee, we now know who will be playing Rachel's two dads. The patriarchs of the Berry household will be portrayed by none other than celebrated film actor Jeff Goldblum and acclaimed Broadway vet Brian Stokes Mitchell. Respectfully, they'll be playing Hiram and LeRoy Berry, the adoptive parents to Lea Michele’s Rachel Berry character.

• Members

Could GLEE get any gayer this week?

Wedding Bell Blues made anyone else pine just one more time for Marilyn McCoo and Florence Larue?

Amber and Chord's duet of Summer Lovin' from Grease?

Synchronized swimming? Yes, a G-D synchronized swim number starring Mr. Chord Overstreet?

A Busby Berkeley-inspired aquatic folly? So, so MGM'ish.

Some really wonderfully-scripted bitch slaps?

The Bieste eloping with Cooter and Sue settling for David Boreanaz?

Fun direction by Eric Stoltz?

Emma's acceptance?

Rachel's...?

The truth about Finn's dead dad?

Interesting episode and worth the wait.

How did Chord Overstreet look in his bathing suit (skimpy suit I hope)?