Guest EXPAT

Kris Allen (former Idol winner) goes after gay market

Kris Allen is hitting the airwaves with a brand new single. He was the American Idol winner a few years ago and really flopped with his initial release. But his new song is dance music with no apologies. You can hear it below. He is definitely marketing to the gay crowd. Not a bad song at all actually. Good production can help a mediocre performer any day. . .

Fan made single cover but this pic is the promotional pic for the new single:

post-105999-004806100 1327791047.jpg

Kris was the winner the year that Adam Lambert got first runner up....

And now Kris' new single is much much better than Adam's new single released earlier in January. I can't stop listening to this new song. Just up my straße. .

Just wondering, how can you tell?

This type of music is very very popular in all of the gay clubs. The remixers are also known for DJing in gay clubs. So I suspect that the record company realizes that they need to appeal to that demographic to get him to be more popular.

Guest FourAces

Kris did not have much of a chance of success. Adam Lambert was far more popular and so over the top grabbing all the headlines at that time. Kris would have had to put out an amazing record to even be remembered.

Its ironic that he now goes after the same audience as Lambert. I'm not a fan of dance music but I do like this song. It reminds me a little of Jimmy Somerville and his group the Bronski Beat's Sometown Boy.

And now Kris Allen tweeted this picture last night as a potential new album cover. He really is going after the gay market and the club scene. Based on the song above, I can't wait to hear the rest of his new project.

post-105999-037375400 1329850313.jpg

• Members

OK, so the guy won eventhough he was a major "snoozefest"... The same tennybooper girls that crowned him the winner are the ones keeping Hee-jerk in this years competition. Kris certainly wasnt the best or most talented.

Expanding his market CANT hurt. And who knows, maybe he crossed over to the dark side ? :rolleyes:

Guest EXPAT

Kris finally released the music video for his new single "The Vision of Love"

Don’t say Nigel Lythgoe & Co. haven’t got “vision.” Season 8 champ Kris Allen will return to the American Idol stage to perform his addictive new single, “The Vision of Love,” on the April 19 results show.

The track, which is the lead single from his forthcoming album Thank You Camellia (due May 22), was released to iTunes and other digital retailers last week, and its powerful video hit the internet today. Check it out above!