Guest JD

Vassa Bar

I see this week another new bar has opened named Vassa or Vazza, its in the small soi leading from soi one to soi two, I think it used to be a internet cafe.

I do not know if its a go-go bar but if it is it will be very small.

I see this week another new bar has opened named Vassa or Vazza, its in the small soi leading from soi one to soi two, I think it used to be a internet cafe.

I do not know if its a go-go bar but if it is it will be very small.

Although not well advertised, this bar has opened many weeks ago.

It is a gogo bar where I found a nice atmosphere and some interesting lads, but not very different from your average Pattayaland boy bar.

I think that this bar opened in the Spring around March. I have peeked in a couple of times. It is a tiny bar though looks to be nicely decorated and has 5 or 6 slender dancers who leap into action when you poke your head through the door. They did have a seriously gorgeous doorman a few months back.

I only pass it on the way to Crystal Boys which is not at it's peak having lost some of it's superstars Khun Chang, Khun Diao ( now at Tawan Bar Bangkok ), Khun Max and others ( stories of a salary cuts ). Happily Mr O is still there.

Last night I dropped by Wild West after not having visited for a few months. I was pleasantly surprised. They do have a lot of boys and they tend to the slim defined athletic type or willowy fay type. Several were disco dancing enthusiastically.

The Thai management of these two bars seems to be able to generate a pleasant atmosphere in which the staff enjoy themselves and there is no evidence of sleaze.

Crystal, Wild West and their new Honey Bar all have 99 baht a drink ( customers only ) from opening until 9.30 p.m. after which it is 150 baht - it used be until 10 p.m.

Guest A Rose By Any Other Name

Vassa Bar is very small -- but also very friendly. You will find the staff helpful, but not too pushy. The boys themselves change almost nightly -- a big turnover. They also tend to be a "little rougher" -- tatoos and the like -- if you like that sort of thing.

All in all a nice place to have a drink and relax and do some boy-watching.

(TR) The Rose ;)