Guest lurkerspeaks

American Idol

Guest lurkerspeaks

Last week Joshua had his "no homo" moment with Phillip Phillips. And this week he (Joshua) is wearing what looks like a blouse from the Jaclyn Smith Collection at KMart.

What was the stylist thinking????

Joshua might as well have been wearing a rainbow flag.

Guest EXPAT

ROFLMAO. I thought the same thing. I think the last week thing wasn't really a no-homo moment. I think there was a private joke between the two of them and it just came across that way (IMO). But there is no doubt he's gay in my mind at least. I still think Joshua has one of the best voices I've ever heard. He and Jessica are so far beyond the other singers. How Phillip is still in there is beyond me. I think he will end up in Vegas like David Cook faster than he'll ever have a hit single.

Guest lurkerspeaks

If there is any real taste left in the American public, the finals will be Jessica vs Joshua..Both deserve to win, but past years would seem to give the edge to Joshua.

That is why I like other shows where the public votes, but the judges make the final cuts.. so that the block votes do not vote off someone for the wrong reasons..

• Members

For me, ALL Phillips songs sound exactly the same. Am I crazy ???? Not sure how much a pop producer can do with that. My vote is with Joshua. He's a consummate talented performer and I can definitely see hIM in a concert.

As for the GAY thing. thats something he'll have to figure out....

• Members

I'm mesmerized! ...haven't been tuned in to "American Idol" since I have NOT liked the current judges, but after listening to Joshua sing, I hope tol watch tonight, 5.10.12.

Thanks for posting!

And he is gay! Hope he comes to grips with it!

Guest EXPAT

Spoiler Alert:

Based on the performances last night Hollie should have gone home and that is exactly what happened. So the final three is exactly who they should have been: Phillip, Joshua and Jessica. They are all winners. I hope Phillip goes next with Joshua and Jessica in the final 2.

• Members

I was hysterical over Joshuas "flirtation" with Jlo. He is going way overboard to try to protray a Hetero image..

Is this what his "handlers" want ??? You cant live a lie forever. Eventually it comes back to bite you in the ass. Oh Poor John Travolta !

Guest EXPAT

ROFL. I agree. I was laughing as well. It didn't even come across convincingly. Oh well, he's young and just figuring things out.

• Members

ROFL. I agree. I was laughing as well. It didn't even come across convincingly. Oh well, he's young and just figuring things out.

OH I beleive he has it figured out, and is just one of those people that believes he CANT come out as Gay and be successful ? thats a shame...

• Members

Well based on last nites performances, it SHOULD be Jessica and Joshua to the Finals. But if history repeats itself, the Gays cant/wont Win, so sorry Josh, you are OUT ! Start a therapy group with Clay Aiken and Adam Lambert.

I am a joshua fan, but I must admit, Jessicas voice is beautiful when she does those ballads, and she nailed ALL 3 songs.

Guest EXPAT

The reviewers slammed Jessica as the worst of the night. She did struggle with Mariah's "My All" at the beginning. Her breathing was off with all

of the lyrics. And I'm not sure why she didn't do the Mariah arrangement on the Jackson 5 number at the end either. I think she is in trouble tonight based on what I'm reading.

I think Joshua stole the show and showcased the best voice by far. His "No More Drama" was amazing.

Guest EXPAT

Spoiler Alert: I am so upset that Joshua is gone. But given the track record of most winners, maybe it's best for Joshua to leave at #3. He may have the better career than Phillip who will probably win now due to the teeny bopper girl voting block.

As I said before if Phillip wins he will be relegated to the Las Vegas circuit in a year just like Taylor Hicks, David Cook and Lee DeWyze (although I think Lee is in Branson, MO now which is a step down from Las Vegas I think).

• Members

Spoiler Alert: I am so upset that Joshua is gone. But given the track record of most winners, maybe it's best for Joshua to leave at #3. He may have the better career than Phillip who will probably win now due to the teeny bopper girl voting block.

As I said before if Phillip wins he will be relegated to the Las Vegas circuit in a year just like Taylor Hicks, David Cook and Lee DeWyze (although I think Lee is in Branson, MO now which is a step down from Las Vegas I think).

Well Ex, I wont say "I told you so", but learn the lesson. The GAYS wont ever make it on Idol...... If Phillip wins, its his ticket into obscurity like Kris Allen. and if Jessica wins, she'll be the new Jordin Sparks....

Guest EXPAT

Here is Adam Lambert performing his new single on Idol this week called "Never Close Our Eyes".

It's possible that his album could debit at #1 next week. It will be close. But if it does it would be the first time an openly gay artist would debut at #1. So if you are interested in buying it do it before Sunday midnight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYVZcuSUx3Q

• Members

Here is Adam Lambert performing his new single on Idol this week called "Never Close Our Eyes".

It's possible that his album could debit at #1 next week. It will be close. But if it does it would be the first time an openly gay artist would debut at #1. So if you are interested in buying it do it before Sunday midnight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYVZcuSUx3Q

YEAH, BUT he DIDNT WIN, and that was my point about GAYS winning Idol!

• Members

I began watching Season 12 of American Idol about three weeks ago and took an interest in the last singers left.

From the two left standing, I truly wanted Joshua to be amongst them. Well, he wasn't as Adam wasn't last year.

Foul on America. She doesn't know talent when she sees it.

But all is not for naught! From his talent Joshua should go far as Jennifer Hudson and others who didn't compete in the end for the coveted title and contract. Apparently, he himself was not too distraught or upset based on what I've read and from his reaction the other night. I don't know if a few tears were shed by him or not, but he seemingly took it in stride from his last performance prior to their tour.

• Members

But it didn't really matter in his case. He probably did better without the win.

Exactly, and when you at the Winners who get dropped by their labels after 1 year and go back into oblivion, I'd rather be the Loser. Jennifer hudson, Daltry, Clay, Tamyra Gray etc have all found success.....

Rumor has it that Jimmy Ivine was waiting to snatch Joshua up....

Guest EXPAT

Jimmy Iovine has snatched him according to many blogs this weekend they "had a 'verbal' agreement" since they can't sign anything until next week apparently.

Guest EXPAT

American Idol alumni Diana DeGarmo and Ace Young got engaged on stage at the show's season 11 finale on Wednesday night.

post-105999-0-57063300-1337826453.jpg

Guest EXPAT

Spoiler Alert (and disappointing news):

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Bluesy guitar man Phillip Phillips is the new "American Idol," defeating teenage songbird Jessica Sanchez.

Phillips, a 21-year-old pawn shop worker from Leesburg, Ga., received more viewer votes than 16-year-old Sanchez of Chula Vista, Calif.

Phillips' victory Wednesday extended the "American Idol" winning streak for males to five consecutive seasons. The last female to win was 17-year-old Jordin Sparks in 2007.

During the three-song showdown Tuesday between Phillips and Sanchez, the show's judges praised his performance across the board. Sanchez was faulted for a lackluster rendition of her final song, "Change Nothing."

Phillips, who was a top vote-getter throughout the season, gets a recording contract along with bragging rights.

Guest EXPAT

This was an unbelievable performance tonight on American Idol. Jennifer Holliday should get an Emmy just for her facial expressions. Jennifer Holliday & Jessica Sanchez singing "And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going". . .Every drag queen in the world had an orgasm watching this performance. OMG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1hqCQLSCFc