Guest EXPAT

"You're So Bain" . . .

• Members

The thing is nobody believes Romney when he huffs and puffs for the Republican base, LOL, not even the base.

For instance, does anyone really think on his first day in the White House, he plans to start a trade war with China right in the middle of their leadership changeover? Certainly not any of those Wall Street types that are funneling tens of millions into his campaign.

Kill Obamacare? No doubt he would sign the bill if the Dems lose so badly they lack even a blocking position in the Senate. Maybe he would tidy up some of the looser strings, maybe allow red states to dodge formation of insurance pools, but invest a lot of political capital in pushing for a repeal? I doubt it.

All that chest thumping about Israel and Iran? Not much hope for the Pals that a Republican is going to restrain Israel on settlements but I doubt Romney wants a shooting war in the Persian Gulf any more than Obama does. No vision for the country beyond greasing the playing field for the one percenters and Wall-Streeters.

Gay rights? As soon as he had the nomination cinched, the guy appointed an openly gay man as his press spokesman (until the base howled). I read him as not particularly caring about gays one way or the other. Probably finds it slightly unseemly when he has to toss us under the bus to satisfy the great unwashed.

Come to think about it, the only people who seem very sure they know what Romney has in mind are those above mentioned folks from Wall Street and they seem very satisfied.

Does anyone really think he will stand up against his party to fight for right, whatever he might believe that to be on any given day? Haven't seen it so far... and his sights will be on reelection from day one. This guy is the ultimate remotely piloted politician. He will be guided from the congressional wings, think-thank neocons, and boardrooms in multinational corps.

I really do not know why he wants to be President other than ego or personal enrichment. He seems to have no enduring principles that he is willing to go to the wall for. His interest seems to begin and end, after achieveing office, in greasing the way for the one percenters and Wall-Streeters.

Guest quietman

Got a kick out of a comment on This Week last Sunday. In discussing if the tax returns would be released, one of the panelists noted that the last political campaign to see all of those returns was John McCain..."and he picked Sarah Palin" after that..... :hyper: