Guest PeterM

Escape Prague

I was to Prague last weekend. It was my first trip to Prague. It rained during most of the time. I went to the only club I found called Escape. It is in the center. Easy to find. Many boys mostly small types. It is very expensive. Entrance is 300 Krowns. Boys are asking 4000 Krowns, which is more than 150 Euros. Drinks are expensive and if you are speaking with a boy, the barman will come to you and order the drinks for the boys. Of couse, he will ask double vodka and red bull, which is almost 300 Krowns,even if the boy was asking for a beer!

I do not think I will go back to such a ripoff place. Pity since some boys are good looking.

I met a boy on gayromeo. Less than 80 Euros. Great time.

• Members

...had to cancel my trip which was suppose to have happened from the 11th of September until the 3rd of October.

...got to JFK International ready to fly business class to Berlin and was informed that the passport I'd given to the attendant at Swiss Air had expired. I was indeed baffled, dumbfounded, and extremely disappointed. I'd left my passport under my printer cover back in California. Without going through the hassles of getting a replacement which would have cost me "an arm and a leg or two," I cancelled the entire trip. Fortunately, I think I'll be able to recoup all of the money I'd paid for the tour, my first night stay in my Berlin hotel charged my AMEX card, and the international portion of my flight can be used up to May 2013.

I wrote all of the above because I was to have been in Prague as well as Budapest and had made good contacts with some of the hottest guys in both areas who're at www.gayromeo.com. Well, next year here I come!

• Members

Your experience mirrors my last few trips to Prague. The only difference is that you did not mention meeting rent-boys who were using drugs, which I found to be very aggravating and unpleasant.

Prague used to be such a fun place. It is certainly a beautiful city. Tourism is superb. The sites are historical. As we know from the history books, the city did not get bombed out like so many other old European cities did during the war.

During the past couple of years, many (most) locals regard tourists, particularly gay tourists, as something to exploit. Over-charging tourists (ripping them off) is the norm and taking advantage of the tourist is just part of visiting the city. Clearly, for a tourist to visit Prague, it is the pits compared to visiting other cities where this does not occur.

Maybe Prague will revert back to the nice place it once was. However, I am not too optimistic about that.

-

I was to Prague last weekend. It was my first trip to Prague. It rained during most of the time. I went to the only club I found called Escape. It is in the center. Easy to find. Many boys mostly small types. It is very expensive. Entrance is 300 Krowns. Boys are asking 4000 Krowns, which is more than 150 Euros. Drinks are expensive and if you are speaking with a boy, the barman will come to you and order the drinks for the boys. Of couse, he will ask double vodka and red bull, which is almost 300 Krowns,even if the boy was asking for a beer!

I do not think I will go back to such a ripoff place. Pity since some boys are good looking.

-