BiBottomBoy

Anyone Else Not Give A Shit About The Super Bowl?

• Members

Reasons to watch the Superbowl:

1) Billions of dollars in commercials

2) Typically an unbelievably bad halftime show for the amount of $$ spent and number of viewers watching. How bad can it be this year?

3) Count how many mistakes the person singing the national anthem makes

4) Place a $1000 bet on whether the coin toss will be heads or tails (yes there are actually millions of dollars bet on this in Vegas)

5) Watch how many times CBS will show the Harbaugh parents and tell us how sorry we should feel for them (they have two kids who are coaching in the NFL and in the Superbowl for christ's sake)

6) Eat fried chicken wings

7) Invite over some of your cute straight crushes who are all cheering for the same team so you can get lots of gratuitous hugs when your team scores.

8) Watch the game which might actually be good

9) Tell me what else you would be doing today that would be better if you don't own a hot tub that's currently filled with hot undressed guys!

10) so yes... I am watching! with my cute straight friends, plenty of chicken wings, and an empty hot tub. Go Ravens! Go Tails! ^_^

Guest CharliePS

I may look in on the game from time to time, but mostly I will be watching Davis Cup tennis matches today. Yesterday's match between Switzerland and the Czech Republic was broadcast here in California starting at 5pm. I watched for awhile, left to have dinner, came back, watched till I fell asleep at 10:30, woke up at midnight, and they were still playing! At over seven hours hours, it turned into the longest match in Davis Cup history, and the longest professional doubles match ever played. And two of the players have to play singles again today.

I used to watch the Superbowl every year, but I lost interest in pro football when I moved here and no longer had a local team to watch (the second largest media market in America, the Los Angeles area has no pro team to root for).

• Members

Reasons to watch the Superbowl:

1) Billions of dollars in commercials

2) Typically an unbelievably bad halftime show for the amount of $$ spent and number of viewers watching. How bad can it be this year?

3) Count how many mistakes the person singing the national anthem makes

4) Place a $1000 bet on whether the coin toss will be heads or tails (yes there are actually millions of dollars bet on this in Vegas)

5) Watch how many times CBS will show the Harbaugh parents and tell us how sorry we should feel for them (they have two kids who are coaching in the NFL and in the Superbowl for christ's sake)

6) Eat fried chicken wings

7) Invite over some of your cute straight crushes who are all cheering for the same team so you can get lots of gratuitous hugs when your team scores.

8) Watch the game which might actually be good

9) Tell me what else you would be doing today that would be better if you don't own a hot tub that's currently filled with hot undressed guys!

10) so yes... I am watching! with my cute straight friends, plenty of chicken wings, and an empty hot tub. Go Ravens! Go Tails! :smile:

This man knows how to make lemonade and enjoy it. :D

Guest zipperzone

I've always thought that golf and baseball were the most boring sports on the planet. When I lived in Europe, I couldn't get into Fütball either (soccer) because the game would go on for hours with no score. that was also boring to me.

I watch it (soccer) because of the short shorts the players wear that show off their butts so nicely. And there is always the anticipation that someone will get his yanked down.....

I've been previewing all the Super Bowl ads, since they tend to be my favorite part of the game, and I have to say, this year we have a weak crop. But one thing that's groundbreaking is that for the first time, Calvin Klein Underwear will be running their first ad, and they don't skimp on the man meat. I can't wait to watch the faces of my straight friends at the party I'm going to when the full length version of this runs.

Guest rimchair

I was not happy with the half-time show, are you bloody kidding me? I thought I was at a strip club with a BBQ in the foreground. Couldn't wait for it to be over, or a wardrobe malfunction.

• Members

I thought the "power off" interruption strongly favored the 49ers who were about to be "blown out". The Ravens clearly dominated the first half and returned a kick off as the first play of the second half with a touch down. However, the delay clearly allowed the 49ers to regroup.

Somewhat seriously, I have wondered which assitant coach for the 49ers went out and "sabataged" the power grid for the Super Bowl? I don't seriously think this happened but who knows?

Regardless, the team that "wanted it more" than the other team did win. Congratulations.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

I suppose no one has thought that Beyonce sucked all the juice out of the lines and that is why the power failed? None left.

Best regards,

RA1