RA1

BO says reality shows promote the idea of wealth & celebrity

• Members

This idea blows my mind. How can someone who has only worked as a neighborhood co-ordinator and then "elected" senator and President complain about "working the system"? He has written books and gained enormous wealth, courtesy of his various public offices. He spends millions of US tax dollars on vacations. How in the world can he mention what anyone else has done?

Obviously the US system of gaining wealth through public "confidence" is alive and well. He should at least acknowledge this and not make fun of it or denigrate it.

Oh, well, politics as usual. :(

Best regards,

RA1

Guest hitoallusa

Reality TV shows are not at all "reality". It's far from reality. But there are people who have time and desire to watch these shows.. I'm not sure when they have time to do so. But these reality TV shows are intended to make people not to think and waste their time away.

Guest hitoallusa

I have always wondered what drives these individuals to run for an office even though they are not perfect and they are prone to mistakes. Is it their ego or some kind of divine intervention that makes them to do it? Of course they are not experts in many areas, if any. Yet they seem to have courage to step up and tackle the issues the country faces. I am not so sure where they get the idea that they can do a better job than other candidates and that they will contribute positively as president. Don't they fear that they can destroy the whole country because of their mistakes and ill advised decisions? Whatever that gives them courage to go on everyday I want to know. Fortunately we are still standing and the country somehow manages to keep going on so I am leaning more toward to divine intervention. Now I am not trying to make people believe in God but I don't think we can separate ourselves from this force that makes up keep go on despite hardships and challenges.