firecat691614502759

You always Wanted to go to Thailand

Not this trip. I got it thru to Bangkok. A little catch though...business class to Hong Kong, but I have to do coach Hkg/Bkk. It's only 2 hours, so I have no problem with that, for the price. March, I have Business over thru Hong Kong and First coming back thru Tokyo, using miles.

• Members

I get that but any first time visitors to Bangkok are not likely to have tons of miles etc. That being the case AA is useless to them because they don't fly to Bangkok. Lowest fare for them same time period $1154. Even worse they have to partner with Japan Air so if you are bigger then the average Japanese person.

UA has to partner wit ANA from Tokyo but that fare is tough to beat especially if you have any status with UA or Star Alliance and can get Economy Plus seating at least LAX to Tokyo.

• Members

You guys are lucky with the travel deals from the USA. You seldom see a return flight Sydney to Bangkok for less than $A 1000 that's about $900 US on the major airlines. There is a budget option with Air Asia but somewhat uncomfortable for a nine hour flight.

Guest Erostotle

If I ever make it to Thailand next year, I will be grateful for firecat, Oz, planettime, and the other guys who have provided such great trip reports. I would have a hard time figuring where to go if I didn't have this advice. Thanks, guys.