Guest Hunkster

First Timer has Questions.....

Guest Hunkster

Although I am familiar with Brasil, I'm planning to travel to Bangkok this fall and have a few questions:

1.) Best month to travel to Thailand?

2.) If interested in staying near the "boy action" in Bangkok, can someone suggest accommodations and in what neighborhood would that be? I'd like to take boys back to the hotel, and would prefer as few problems as possible.

3.) What is Babylon (the hotel / bath house) all about? Who stays there?

4.) What is there to expect when visiting Phuket and Pattaya? How is the nightlife / boy-life different or the same when compared to Bangkok?

Thanks guys.

• Members

Although I am familiar with Brasil, I'm planning to travel to Bangkok this fall and have a few questions:

1.) Best month to travel to Thailand?

2.) If interested in staying near the "boy action" in Bangkok, can someone suggest accommodations and in what neighborhood would that be? I'd like to take boys back to the hotel, and would prefer as few problems as possible.

3.) What is Babylon (the hotel / bath house) all about? Who stays there?

4.) What is there to expect when visiting Phuket and Pattaya? How is the nightlife / boy-life different or the same when compared to Bangkok?

Thanks guys.

I like your post and will address the first question. The best months are latter November through early February. My last visit to Thailand was in December through mid January, and the weather was supreme.

...will share my experiences/suggestions regarding queries 2 - 4 later. ...have been to the "Land of Smiles" 3Xs and to all 3 cities along with Chaing Mai and Rai!

• Members

I like your post and will address the first question. The best months are latter November through early February. My last visit to Thailand was in December through mid January, and the weather was supreme.

...will share my experiences/suggestions regarding queries 2 - 4 later. ...have been to the "Land of Smiles" 3Xs and to all 3 cities along with Chaing Mai and Rai!

Sois 2 3 and 4 are the areas for action. Sorry I can't be more specific. As for hotels I only recommend one, The TARTAWAN which allows guests. I found the price to be quite reasonable, and the areas for play are within walking distance from this hotel. Have stayed in two others; one I'd highly recommend, but I do think its guest policy is rigid; there are doormen guarding the doors during the evening; I got a guy in there without any problems, but we entered via a side door; the guard who saw us did not say anything, and the hotel is The Montien, not the one located by the river.

I think others who've traveled there a lot, who currently live there, can help you much more than I. I would recommend that you join www.daddysreviews,com and read what's in the archives regarding the three cities of which you show interest.

Lastly, my memory is not the best anymore, so I'm unable to cite specifics regarding Phuket and Pattaya; ...have been once to the former and three times to the latter. On my last visit to Pattaya, I stayed in a room in an ex pat's house. Did not like the location at all.

Do a google check of http://www.gayasia.com and/or http://www.gaythailand.com. See what comes up. There are some gay sites for the cities of your interest, but again, I am unable to remember them. There's one called Purple something!

Guest Erostotle

Hunkster, I hope that Totally Oz chips in here as he is an expert on Thailand. Firecat is no slouch himself. It's true that the best advice is from those who have been.

• Members

It really helps what types of boys you like. If you like muscular boys like Brazil then certainly Bangkok is a better choice although you can find them in Pattaya.

If you are happy with Twinkish Gay Boys then Pattaya will be heaven for you. Everything in Pattaya is less expensive then Bangkok.

Drinks, Hotels, Off Fees , payments to boys etc etc etc all cheaper sometimes quite a bit cheaper.

If you want beaches then of course Phuket can be beautiful but expensive and the choice in boys much smaller.

Chiang Mai is a beautiful city with lots to do other then boys. The scene there is better for residents, who have time to mine the Universities for cute boys. The Bars are not that great IMHO.

Tartawan is a great choice in Bangkok but I have never had a problem in any hotel bringing a boy back and that includes all the Hilton and Marriott properties.

In Pattaya finding a Hotel that cares who you bring in would be like looking for a needle in a haystack and that includes all price ranges.

• Members

I think Thailand is busy all year round. In terms of weather it is always hot, I think it just depends on when the rain season is. 

I would have a look at a calendar of events and see if there is anything you want to be in Thailand for. If the events are to your liking then it migbt be a good time to go then.