wncdemcub

10 days in Brazil

• Members

Ok so it's looking like my plan is 10 days in Brazil.

Rio for sure and São Paulo but should I try and strech another place?

This is both a tourist trip as well as wanted to enjoy the boys of Brazil trip.

Anyone got any sample itineraries or ways to break it up that make sense also taking into the account of when each sauna is best to visit.

• Members

Ok so it's looking like my plan is 10 days in Brazil.

Rio for sure and São Paulo but should I try and strech another place?

This is both a tourist trip as well as wanted to enjoy the boys of Brazil trip.

Anyone got any sample itineraries or ways to break it up that make sense also taking into the account of when each sauna is best to visit.

You wrote that you plan to see Rio and Sao Paulo. I assume that you are aware that each airline company has different rules concerning stop overs.

If you have not yet bought your ticket, you might want to make your itinerary include either a stop over in Rio or Sao Paulo. You will save money rather than buy transportation between those cities after you arrive in Brazil.

If you do not schedule a stop over in your original ticket, there is a penalty to change it later to add the stop over. If you don't change your original ticket or do not include a stop over, you will have to pay for transportation between Rio and Sao Paulo. Unless you buy your Brazil trip ticket on line, weeks in advance of travel, the short trip between Rio and Sao Paulo can cost you several hundred dollars.

Alternatively, there is a very nice bus that travels between Rio and Sao Paulo (there are no trains). The bus as more comfortable as flying in business or first. You have a huge reclining seat that becomes flat if you chose. You can sleep a large portion of the trip. The bus takes between five and six hours with one stop for dinner or lunch.

Here is the web site for the best best bus company http://www.autoviacao1001.com.br/en

Remember, airplanes have delays and traffic to and from airports is sometimes clogged. Some Brazilian airlines make you check your carry on bag.

With a bus, it goes without delay, most of the time. And, it takes you from town to town, rather than to and from some out of town airport.

For your first trip, you may not want to spend a lot of time trying to squeeze in as many sites as possible. There was a 1969 movie called "If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Belgium" which was a comedy, of sorts, and included world wind travel trying to see as many places as possible in a short time. In the end, the travelers were so tired, they did not enjoy the trip. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064471/

You asked for an opinion/advice, now you have mine.

Boa viagem

If you have 10 days in Brazil, Definitely spend at least 6 in Rio....maybe 2 in Salvador Bahia and 2 in Sao Paulo....Rio is similar to Miami with the beaches, the nightlife, the water....and of course the best saunas...In my opinion....

SP is like NYC but larger and more spread out...they have more cultural things to see and great nightlife but its on 10 versus relaxing...

Salvador has tons of history and some beautiful beaches and is reminiscent of Rio mixed with somewhere in Africa....definitely worth exploring for a day or two...

I would advice to come up with your own game plan for what you want to see and do....like any city there are tons of things that may interest you but as a tourist, you don't want to overload yourself....

Have an amazing trip....

• Members

Stay in Rio longer than SP if this is your first time so you have time to tour one place per day in Rio and give your time to spend a day at the beach drinking fresh coconut and feel the water. The next time you come back you can stretch it to another place like Porto Alegre and check out the famous Mezzaninu. I just came back a week ago for 10 day trip, this time as a solo traveler.

You can fly TAM using Travelocity to buy your domestic trip for multi cities in advance so its cheaper, it cost me like $89 for each leg of the trip. I cant wait to come back to Lagoa, where u can find the most or hottest garotos, model looking men in my opinion and experience. Have fun in your trip!

• Members

Since your time is limited, I'd suggest doing some tours [which would save you some time] as well as doing things independently.

Check out http://www.viator.comto see its offerings in the various cities and countries of our world. I used their services while in both Barcelona and Berlin in 2013. I chose the tours which I wanted to do, which, by the way, were intimate, for there were no more than 10 to 12 individuals participating. I also read many guide books and what had been posted at this website and others and proceeded. ...had a grand time in both places and do which to return.

But in answering your specific query, I'd do what iluvmen suggested in spending the most time in Rio de janeiro. It's an easy city to meander by yourself. I've done independent tours, group tours, been alone and have enjoyed and experienced, and love the place. ...haven't been as much as others, but my 11 trips since 2002 still resonate with me. I do plan to return after 2016.