MsGuy

The Client Chronicles

• Members

OK, I ran across this blog by accident and had to post it here. By turns horrifying, sad, fascinating, funny and painful (often enough all jumbled up together), you gotta read it, it defies description. Many of yall who came of age in the 60s may recognize aspects of your own life here.

PS Oz, there are several paragraphs on the Gaiety and other such clubs which you might like (about 2/3rds the way through). Also an insider's view of the release of the first anti-viral drug for Karposa's sarcoma and the vicious homophobia of the pharma company that developed it.

And if you're Jewish &/or from NY/have lived in NY, it's a double plus must read.

Guest zipperzone

I actually thought this "Chronicle" was very entertaining.

There was nothing that I found painful to read and enjoyed his sense of wry humour.

There were a couple of omissions that surprised me.

He made no mention of the gone but not forgotten pleasures that were all the rage at that time such as,

The TOILET and the MINESHAFT to name only two.

I was living in Montreal at that time and NYC was just a 6 hour drive away and easily doable on long weekends.

At The Toilet one night I found myself sitting next to Andy Warhol who was stoned beyond belief.

And one should not omit mentioning the piers on the Hudson River - what fun they were (if you didn't fall through the holes in the floor)