Guest tomcal

UBER

This past weekend in Sao Paulo, my friend talked me into using Uber instead of a taxi. I LOVED It! we never waited longer then about 2 or 3 minutes. You get the make/model of the car, the license plate number and a photo of the driver sent to your phone. You can see on your phone where he is coming from and watch his route to you live. Best of all, it was roughly 60% of normal taxi fare! We used it three times and each of the cars were a year old or less, two of the drivers had usb charging ports in the back seat for either iphones or android phones and water bottles!

• Members

I'm surprised with Tomcal post, with my understanding Uber was stupidly banned all over Brazil. The last time I was in SP cabdrivers were paralizing the transit all over town, good to know that good sense prevailed at the end. I'm currently in Baltimore and used Uber for the first time this past week,good quality cars and drivers and is fascinating watch on your phone as the car approaches. That's what can be called "killer application", soon in the tourism business to ban Uber will be a liability, looking forward to use it again in NY next week.