Suckrates

Take Note People

On 2/19/2017 at 6:45 PM, AdamSmith said:

The back label explains they are "cold-pressed" instead of the usual process of being heat-pasteurized, which messes with the flavor.

Not only that -- sitting here in my Starbucks and reading the label, I see they're based in Rancho Cucamonga.

One of my favorite place names! Right up there with Lizard Lick, NC. :huh:

Or the little NC hamlet of Spivey's Corner, that mainly because it is (was) home to the annual National Hollerin' Contest. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Hollerin'_Contest

Although none can quite top ;) this sequence of real NC town names:

Welcome -> Friendship -> Advance -> High Point -> Climax -> Bushy Fork! :lol:

map_of_bushy_fork_nc.jpg

• Members
23 hours ago, AdamSmith said:

Another thing. At the grocery, I have to look and look to find my cran-pom juice hiding somewhere on that wall of "juices," 95% of which are juice "cocktails" loaded up with corn syrup and other crapola. One more reason we are a Nation of Wide Loads.

florida-brevard-county-cocoa-beach-walgr

FWIW...I took one for the team today and bought one of Adam Smith's highly recommended  'Evolution' protein drinks. Not sure why I grabbed the 'Protein' one, but nevertheless I did. It was absolutely delish, creamy, smooth, and went down like silk (yes I swallowed) no gag reflex. Some even spilled out of the corner of my mouth which I slurped up and re -swallowed. They were at Target, in a refrigerated case dedicated only to that brand. While walking around, no glasses mind you, I did glance down at the ingredients, and yes I did it to try and find something that wasn't quite Kosher so that I could needle Adam Smith with...AND BAM! THERE IT WAS. AHH HA, 25g of sugar. I knew it! :P I have to say that for some reason I was quite pleased with myself for the discovery. I could hardly wait to get home to post. I was so pleased in fact that I decided to stop and treat myself to a large Machiato with extra whip cream on top and two lemon loafs, then I slid my fat ass into the family truckster and drove home. (We love you Adam Smith) :D

Anyway, as far as juice is concerned, I would like to recommend 100% Cranbery juice, not from concentrate from Trader Joe's. Yes it is unbelievably potent and can only be sipped in small doses, but I take some in a little shot glass every morning, afternoon and night. As Derick says, "You know, I have to be very careful what I put in my mouth"

• Members
1 hour ago, MsAnn said:

FWIW...I took one for the team today and bought one of Adam Smith's highly recommended  'Evolution' protein drinks. Not sure why I grabbed the 'Protein' one, but nevertheless I did. It was absolutely delish, creamy, smooth, and went down like silk (yes I swallowed) no gag reflex. Some even spilled out of the corner of my mouth which I slurped up and re -swallowed. They were at Target, in a refrigerated case dedicated only to that brand. While walking around, no glasses mind you, I did glance down at the ingredients, and yes I did it to try and find something that wasn't quite Kosher so that I could needle Adam Smith with...AND BAM! THERE IT WAS. AHH HA, 25g of sugar. I knew it! :P I have to say that for some reason I was quite pleased with myself for the discovery. I could hardly wait to get home to post. I was so pleased in fact that I decided to stop and treat myself to a large Machiato with extra whip cream on top and two lemon loafs, then I slid my fat ass into the family truckster and drove home. (We love you Adam Smith) :D

Anyway, as far as juice is concerned, I would like to recommend 100% Cranbery juice, not from concentrate from Trader Joe's. Yes it is unbelievably potent and can only be sipped in small doses, but I take some in a little shot glass every morning, afternoon and night. As Derick says, "You know, I have to be very careful what I put in my mouth"

OMG, they must have been serving that juice at the bathouse I was at the other day, because what I had there was delish, creamy smooth and went down like silk.  And it was served to me by the hottest latino boy...

Now 25g of sugar is an excessive amount and would make almost anything yummy, but it is NOT healthy, so maybe the Evolution is that you drink it and go from being healthy to an overweight person with diabetis ? Maybe that's WHY he walks 2 miles a day ? Nonetheless, thank you, BUT no thank you Mr Smith.

Now to YOU Annie... girl a "large" Machiato WITH whipped cream and 2 lemon loafs ?   Didnt anyone tell you those spanks only stretch so much ?   I know you have money and can afford the "Boys" hon, but even the "boys" have their limits as to how much weight they can lift !    And sequins can only distract to a point !   Regardless of what they tell you, THIS aint pretty....Lay off the sweets

455095114.jpg?w=320

Guest Larstrup

Unlike MsAnn, I did not take one for the team yesterday.  I wanted to take one for myself but when I got to the publix  all they had were the protein power and the two green slime drinks. No orange. But I did take this photo. 

IMG_1621.jpg

I must say that the juice market is highly competitive. Had I taken a photo of the entire juice section you would understand the heavy saturation of various brands and drink options available.  I ended up buying a half gallon of Indian River orange juice which is gently pasturized  and has one of the better flavors and content.  They carry a great grapefruit juice as well . 

• Members
9 minutes ago, Larstrup said:

Unlike MsAnn, I did not take one for the team yesterday.  I wanted to take one for myself but when I got to the publix  all they had were the protein power and the two green slime drinks. No orange. But I did take this photo. 

IMG_1621.jpg

I must say that the juice market is highly competitive. Had I taken a photo of the entire juice section you would understand the heavy saturation of various brands and drink options available.  I ended up buying a half gallon of Indian River orange juice which is gently pasturized  and has one of the better flavors and content.  They carry a great grapefruit juice as well . 

Its all a scam, a ruse I tell you.  Anything that's marketed as "healthy" will carry a much higher pricetag, as evidenced here by a $3.99 pricetag for an 11 oz bottle of health juice, which AINT actually healthy with 25g of sugar.... FAKE NEWS !   Trump needs to regulate this.  

2 hours ago, MsAnn said:

The protein one must need the sugar to be palatable. No added sugar or anything else alien in any of their juice drinks I've had.

Possibly says something about anybody who would choose to get their liquid protein at the grocery store?!? :o

Give me those Shanghai back-alley bars. ;)

:D

P.S. THANK YOU for the rec for Trader Joe's cranberry juice! Will hie myself thence tomorrow & load up.

• Members
1 hour ago, Larstrup said:

Excellent article...

Unfortunately most of the buzz words on labels is mostly BS.

Truth-be-told...I use this at least twice a day. Yes it's a pain in the ass to clean every time, but the benefits are worth the effort.

• Members
1 hour ago, MsAnn said:

Excellent article...

Truth-be-told...I use this at least twice a day. Yes it's a pain in the ass to clean every time, but the benefits are worth the effort.

That's kinda what the lovers of anal sex say !  

• Members
1 hour ago, MsAnn said:

Excellent article...

http://images.lowes.com/product/converted/752356/752356784683.jpg

The original image vanished...So this is what I was referring to, not that anyone gives to fucks, but here it is anyway bitches.

• Members

Another recommendation from Grandma.  I am obsessed with these "Sparkling Ice" drinks...  Light, full of flavor, fizzy and NO calories.  And at $1.00 a bottle you can stock up and not break the bank.  There isnt a bad flavor in the bunch They are DELISH !

sparkling-ice-line-up.jpg