flguy

Hurricane Irma

• Members

Anyone who doesn't live in South Florida will ever be fully able to understand what many are going through.  I evacuated the day before the storm to Fort Lauderdale when my county said to get out of B zone flood areas.  When I left I had a high anticipation that there would be no home to come back to.  After spending 5 hours on Monday to get 6 gallons of gas I came home.  We were so fortunate that Irma wiggled east after coming ashore and they said that little move saved about 150 Billion dollars in damage.  I was lucky enough to return to a house with no damage and the power was on.  If you have never been in Southern Florida in the summer you just can't imagine the heat.  8 days later there are still 100,000 homes without power from Englewood south through Everglades City.  I feel for these people and couldn't do it myself.  On top of that in Cape Coral people are returning to their homes to find them looted.  What a truly sad world we live in.