BiBottomBoy

Fucking All Franken?

• Members

I suspect there is a good reason why Al Franken is supporting the call for an investigation into his conduct.

If you look carefully at the photo that was submitted by the accuser, you can see that Franken's hands are not touching the woman. The shadows caused by the placement of his fingers away from her body indicate the science behind flash photography. If that photo is her only proof of "groping," she's going to lose her claim in a court of law.

Upon deeper inspection, who is going to buy that a woman can easily get "groped" on a packed military plane flying folks who carry cameras? Many of us have fallen asleep on a flight. Does anyone actually believe that someone can get groped and sleep through it? The accusation seems to be very false.

The woman accuser is also a hard-core partisan Republican. She has anti-Democrat rants published on the internet.

At the time the photo was taken, Franken was a silly professional comic. The photo gesturing joke while someone sleeps is as old as the Boy Scouts and Candid Camera. I fail to see any sexual harassment here.

As for slipping her the tongue in rehearsal, it's another cheap, heterosexual ploy used by male actors to tease their female counterparts. I'm not saying it's a good practice, but this notion of screaming HARASSMENT every time someone famous teases or touches you is not going to end well for women.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/20/opinions/al-franken-must-resign-opinion-perry/index.html

Franken needs his day in court. To document what he actually did -- and didn't -- do.

But this current reveal of harassment is just staggering to me.

For 25 years I was boss/manager of many young men and women, all (most ^_^ ) of whom I physically lusted over. But I kept that impulse, a natural human one, strictly bottled up deep inside.

Just inconceivable -- or, rather, not -- how many bosses it turns out now could not do so. :(

I think Franken should resign right now.

I am  no Pollyanna. The unique politics of the day need it.

• Members
On 11/17/2017 at 1:43 PM, RockHardNYC said:

I suspect there is a good reason why Al Franken is supporting the call for an investigation into his conduct.

I agree with this and believe there is a reason Franken is handling things this way.  Add this to the Russian bots & Alt right wing pushing the story on twitter, and I smell a rat.

• Members

I don't know about a rat, since Franken now seems to have a little dog in him. He may not be a Weinstein, but still.

Since most men are pigs, I don't think it's fair to lump everyone in the same bag as Weinstein. Reasonable people need to come to their own reasonable conclusion. I'm not a politician, but I'm sure some gay guy throughout my career did not appreciate my tender touch if and whenever that occurred. No one's job was ever in danger with me, but when it comes to horny, we all have moments when we let our cocks do the thinking.