Riobard

Iguassu Falls getaway

• Members

I took these Thanksgiving week. Great excursion potential with your favorite BT from SP, Rio, BA, etc. No guy would turn down the invite. Many have not had the chance. 48 hours noon to noon worked well. It is also offers a chance to try out a travel companion short-term.

The area has muito mucho tourist dollars pumped in. the most manicured district of Brazil I have seen. The drive in to the ARG side parque is pretty. 

I recommend Hotel Pousada Guata Pora ... family-friendly, gay-friendly but I liked this time that it was low-season and no kids, just a small mixed array of couples. Great breakfast, and they rotate in evening chefs for optional hearty dinner buffet. Incredible grounds and location. Huge Chalets built like brick shithouses. A steal. Sweetheart staff. 

IMG_8499.mov

• Members

I truly enjoyed my visit to Foz do Iguassu and the surrounding areas.  ...one of the most visually stimulating trips that I've taken during my days of travel.  But, if one goes, it should be with a friend or companion or with a couple of amigos.  Unfortunately, that part was the only downer for me, for I went alone and did tours of the falls with guides. 

My evenings were not as great as I'd hope.  But, if I manage to return, I do hope to have someone enjoy along with me. 

BTW-- I loved the falls on both sides, stayed at the hotel on the Brazilian side which is the only one in the park per se.  ...one hell of a superb property all around. 

• Members

Classy digs, for sure ... thought about a drink on the terrace if permissible, but it is complicated if you are not a guest there integral to the BRZ-side park. You were certainly not self-deprivational!

Too bad about the vid ... I did capture my own double rainbow shot, though, as most visitors do. 

IMG_8558.PNG

IMG_8559.JPG

I went to Iguassu Falls when I was in Rio in November 2006 and it was definitely worth the trip.  I flew to Iguassu and through one of the travel companies in the airport hired a driver and guide.  She was fantastic and took me to the Brazilian side the first day, took me to my hotel and then picked me up the next morning, got through Argentinian immigration in less than 5 minutes, took me to the Argentinean side, got me back into Brazil in 5 minutes in immigration and then took me to the airport for my flight back.

When I went  the water was no way near as muddy.