mvan1

They're doing it again! Aircraft wifi censure -

• Members

Back in July I posted about wifi on aircraft no longer blocking this site.  I found it a pleasant break to be able to occasionally tune into this site during a long flight.

However, on my recent return flight to Brazil, I see that the church ladies got loose again and blocked this and other sites (rentmen, planetromeo, hunqz etc) on aircraft wifi.

Considering that we passengers have to pay extra for aircraft wifi, it seems inappropriate to have airline employees decide what we  can or cannot view on paid aircraft wifi.

We are buying wifi from the airline. It should not matter if we watch the news on wifi or access this site - why should it be blocked except for bigotry?

• Members

I think the main problem is the lack of privacy, not necessarily prudishness.  For the vast majority of passengers it's impossible to not see what's on others laptop screens nearby.  Would you really want the guy between you and the isle watching lemonparty.com for any length of time, and in view of kids behind as well?  

• Members
On 11/29/2018 at 8:04 AM, JKane said:

I think the main problem is the lack of privacy, not necessarily prudishness.  For the vast majority of passengers it's impossible to not see what's on others laptop screens nearby.  Would you really want the guy between you and the isle watching lemonparty.com for any length of time, and in view of kids behind as well?  

I'd be nervous to visit any "interesting" sites on a plane just because everybody can see what you're doing.

• Members

I just got off a plane and the guy next to me was scanning thru “Asian Wife” shopping web sites. He’d scroll down thru the pics... open one... send some kind of text message... then continue.  ^_^

I suppose that technically it was a “family oriented” site.  

(It sort of reminded me of something similar I do. :wub:.)

• Members
On 11/29/2018 at 8:04 AM, JKane said:

Sorry if I seem like a prude - but - when I travel, I travel business or first. 

With most U.S. air carriers, you get your own booth which makes it near impossible for other passengers to see what you watch.

As I wrote, I do not understand why an airline or wifi personnel decide what a passenger should see over the aircraft wifi while the passenger is paying extra for a wifi signal furnished by the airline.  

My most recent experience with trying to access this and a few other sites on a long flight yielded insulting language and specifically named boytoy (and rentmen etc) as indecent websites.   That is "over the top", as I see it.  Church ladies should stay in church and away from watching these sites and mind their own business.  

Image result for photo of interior of American Airlines business class seating

Guest FunJockNYC

Some of the movies on the screen are pretty graphic.  I remember watching Requiem for a Dream on a plane and the final scene is a graphic sex screen.  I was worried someone would see it.