RockHardNYC

Every New Yorker's Nightmare.

• Members
On 11/21/2020 at 4:18 PM, FluffPersian said:

When I took the subway, I usually stayed back until after the train pulled in.

That's one precaution that helps to make a tragedy more difficult, but given that this guy came from opposite sides of the track, a strong push can cause a lot of damage.

There is nothing quite like NYC's subway if you want to get around quickly, especially when the weather is not good. My son relies on it more than I do, and he says it's a better idea to position oneself behind a pillar as the train is about to enter a station. That way, your body can't be pushed straight ahead. Needless to say, I was relieved when he brought the idea to my attention. I will worry less about him.

It seems like a long time since we had pushing incidents onto the train tracks. I remember the issue from the early 80's. Whenever things get rough in NYC, the weak and disturbed among us grow deeper into despair.

Perhaps with a Biden administration there will be more attention to mental health issues.

• Members
12 hours ago, AdamSmith said:

I never liked the subways when I lived there.

I know people who were born in Manhattan and have never been on a subway train. I'm never sure what to say about that. In the early 80's, I had some hot sex in the subways. Now, with Covid, many are afraid to go near a train. Afraid of the virus and afraid of the rise in crime.

I've lived in NYC since my teen years, so my transportation experience is all over the map. I walk, I run. I once owned a Vespa. I take the subway when it rains. I rely on taxis when it's convenient. For many years, my account with Music Express played a major role. Plenty of reasons to hire a limousine here. And then I purchased a car. So many New Yorkers hate car owners, and I know what their wrath feels like.

No matter how you choose to get around, it's important to feel safe. We have a new mayoral election next year. We'll see where crime fits into the politics. Many assume Biden will be more sympathetic with funding. Given Trump's vindictiveness, he told NY to go fuck itself. Most of us are thrilled to see him gone. 

• Members
6 hours ago, BigK said:

His punishment should be being pushed onto the tracks in front of a train.

IMO, people who are mentally ill don't deserve to be punished. They deserve to be treated. Killing the mentally ill is an easy solution for lazy thinkers, especially when they harm others. There are no easy answers for crimes involving the mentally ill.