Guest Astrrro

Yet Another Air Asia Sale

Guest Astrrro

Air Asia Promotion

Yet another good sale from Air Asia, 234 USD + tax London to KL and other good deals.

Official booking period starts midnight on February 6th.

Other goodies 2000 baht Bangkok to Bali, the roundtrip including taxes is 5100 if you pick the cheap days.

Guest Astrrro

Yet another sale if u book today or tomorrow.. This one does not seem that special but might be worth a look.

Air Asia

Fly from Kuala Lumpur

Hanoi from USD 11.20

Ho Chi Minh City from USD 11.20

Singapore from USD 14

Melbourne * from USD 70

Hong Kong from USD 14

Bali from USD 14

Bangkok from USD 14

More destinations available

Book from 18 - 19 Feb 2009 | Travel from 18 Feb 2009 - 31 Jan 2010

Guest Astrrro

Yet another sale if u book now. Looks like almost free flights to/from KL where you're only paying airport taxes.

Book from 23 Feb - 1 Mar 2009 | Travel from 24 Mar 2009 - 31 Jan 2010

International

Macau from USD 1 4x Daily

Bali from USD 1 5x Daily

Medan from USD 1 4x Daily

Surabaya from USD 1 4x Daily

Singapore from USD 2 7x Daily

Bangkok from USD 2 8x Daily

Jakarta from USD 2 6x Daily

Perhaps Air Asia has too many sales. It gets to the point we're it's like the little boy who cried wolf.

Guest Astrrro

Promotion of the Month

Fly to Kuala Lumpur from

Ho Chi Minh City

from USD 15

Vientiane

from USD 15

Hanoi

from USD 23

Phnom Penh

from USD 23

Siem Reap

from USD 23

Fly to Bangkok from

Yangon

from USD 29

Fly from Kuala Lumpur

from Less than USD 1 one way

Alor Star

Langkawi

Penang

Kota Bharu

Johor Bahru

Singapore

Terengganu

from USD 3 one way

Phuket

Sibu

Sandakan

Krabi

Kuching

Tawau

Bintulu

Labuan

Miri

Kota Kinabalu

from USD 15 one way

Brunei

Macau

Medan

Makassar

Bangkok

Jakarta

Padang

Ho Chi Minh

Banda Aceh

Palembang

Vientiane

Bali

Manado

from USD 23 one way

Phonm Penh

Clark

Yogyakarta

Shenzhen

Siem Reap

Bandung

Haikou

Chiang Mai

Hanoi

Solo

Guilin

Hong Kong

Surabaya

Guangzhou

Fly from Bangkok

from USD 16 one way

Hat Yai

Phuket

Johor Bahru

Perth from USD 26 one way

Hangzhou from USD 73 one way

Tianjin * from USD 73 one way

Melbourne from USD 84 one way

Gold Coast from USD 113 one way

London * from USD 142 one way

Flights are operated by

Book from 3 - 15 Mar 2009 | Travel from 23 Mar – 11 Sep 2009

Seats are limited and may not be available on all flights. * Flight to Tianjin commences 2 April 2009; and are subject to regulatory approval. Fares are subject to exchange rate fluctuations. Other terms and conditions apply

Guest lvdkeyes

Be very wary of Air Asia. I am in a long running battle with them over double charges and they don't seem like they are going to budge.

Guest Astrrro

The good news is you don't have to fly Air Asia anymore! :D

Mind sharing details?

If the disputed charges are on your credit card, you might want to contact your credit card company.

Guest lvdkeyes
The good news is you don't have to fly Air Asia anymore! :D

Mind sharing details?

If the disputed charges are on your credit card, you might want to contact your credit card company.

I did that and since it is a Thai credit card, they can't/won't do anything about it.

Guest lvdkeyes

Details are a bit complicated. I booked a ticket online for my bf and me. When I finished and got a printout I saw that they had his name twice and not me. I called them and they told me to rebook it and to call them back after I did. When I did as they told me they said I would have a "credit shell" with Air Asia. I have repeatedly told them I don't want a credit shell. I want my credit card to be charged back for the incorrect booking. The call center could not help so they told me to send an e mail. I sent 3 emails over a period of time and finally got a response that the credit shell was all they could do. I have sent back another e mail and waiting for a reply.

Guest lvdkeyes

And the saga goes on. Today I decided I would just go ahead and use the credit shell since I was getting nowhere fast regarding getting a refund. I got to the part online where they ask for payment. I couldn't find a place to click to use a credit shell so I called the call center. They had no idea how I could use it. Then later I tried to look at my booking for the original trip where all the problems started. The system says I have no bookings. Now, I have paid for a booking twice and have NO F**KING bookings at all. No one at the call center has a clue what to do, so I have sent yet another e mail, which will probably take days to get a response, if ever.

Guest MonkeySee
And the saga goes on. Today I decided I would just go ahead and use the credit shell since I was getting nowhere fast regarding getting a refund. I got to the part online where they ask for payment. I couldn't find a place to click to use a credit shell so I called the call center. They had no idea how I could use it. Then later I tried to look at my booking for the original trip where all the problems started. The system says I have no bookings. Now, I have paid for a booking twice and have NO F**KING bookings at all. No one at the call center has a clue what to do, so I have sent yet another e mail, which will probably take days to get a response, if ever.

If your booking is several weeks or months away, I would advise to be patient. Things in Asia take time. Do not work yourself into a lather. Remember, this is Thailand, not the US.

Guest Astrrro

From the Bangkok Post:

Asian budget airlines launch price war

By: AFP

Published: 4/03/2009 at 08:06 PM Singapore - Asian low-cost airlines are offering dirt-cheap tickets to perk up travel during the summer holidays amid the global economic downturn.

Singapore-based Tiger Airways, which flies to destinations in Southeast Asia, Australia and China, announced Tuesday it would launch summer fares starting at about 16 US dollars, including taxes.

The carrier, which is 49 percent owned by Singapore Airlines, said in a statement it would offer its "biggest ever network of seats" and was adding new destinations for its summer schedule from March 29 to October 24.

"Tiger Airways is bucking the global aviation trend," the airline said, referring to declining passenger numbers for full-service carriers worldwide.

Rosalynn Tay, managing director for Tiger Airways Singapore, said the airline would "demonstrate that we will continue to grow our business even in these difficult trading conditions."

Jetstar Asia, another Singapore-based budget airline, said it had extended until August 16 a promotion to beat the cheapest price offered by rivals.

Under the promotion, should a traveller find another published online fare cheaper than the lowest available on www.jetstar.com, the airline will beat the price by 10 percent if the customer makes an instant reservation by phone.

"The current economy makes it a tough operating environment where competition will be intense and fares will be under pressure," Jetstar Asia's commercial head Leslie Ng said in a statement.

"People are going for cheaper fares as they become more cost conscious and want to get value for money deals."

Malaysian budget airline AirAsia also has its "take me away" promotion.

Among its offers is a one-way flight from Singapore to Bangkok starting from 43 dollars, inclusive of taxes, for travel from March 23 to September 11, according to its website.

Comparatively, a return flight to Bangkok on Singapore Airlines costs 337 dollars, inclusive of taxes.

AirAsia is also offering a number of tickets starting from 26 cents for travel within Malaysia.

Indonesia's Lion Air is selling a one-way trip from Singapore to Bali for as low as 5.80 dollars for travel from June 1 to September 30, according to its website.

Thailand's Nok Air is offering one-way fares for as low as 25 cents, excluding taxes and fees, for domestic flights for those travelling from May 15 to September 30, its website showed.

Guest lvdkeyes
If your booking is several weeks or months away, I would advise to be patient. Things in Asia take time. Do not work yourself into a lather. Remember, this is Thailand, not the US.

Air Asia is from Malaysia and that is who I am dealing with. Besides, while I am being patient, my credit card is charged and I am paying interest and have no booking to show for it. I think I will lose the sale rate of my booking.

Guest Astrrro

Air Asia's customer service is poor.

On my last flight the entire first five rows were empty except for one guy while the rest of the plane was packed. I know this can happen on a full fare airlines but with the regular airlines the more expensive seats are different and it's not as much in your face.

On my next to last Air Asia flight the rep printed out a middle seat without asking first if I'd like an aisle then said it was too late becuase he already printed the ticket.

I'll continue to put up with this as long as I'm getting flights for 280 baht but if the price is similar I'd rather fly other carriers.

Guest fountainhall
Asian low-cost airlines are offering dirt-cheap tickets to perk up travel during the summer holidays amid the global economic downturn

Now which, I wonder, of these budget airlines will go under first - taking all your advance ticket payments with it?

Guest lvdkeyes

After a month of trying to resolve the problem I had with Air Asia, I managed to get their corporate headquarters phone number. I called them this morning and after explaining the prom only once (amazing) the woman said she would check into it and call me by the end of the day. She just called and informed me they would refund back to my credit card the amount of the incorrect booking. This is customer service.

If anyone has a problem incorrect charges send me email and I will give you the corporate phone number.

When to Air Asia allocate seating?

I flew KL to Phnom Penh. No seat reservations. I was in the last third of people onto the plane, but got a emergency exit window seat, as they wanted people who spoke English in the emergency exit seats. :D

Guest GaySacGuy

Now this really makes sense!!!

Flights in November....Between Ubon Ratchathani and Bangkok.

Roundtrip BKK to Ubon and return.....400 baht

Roundtrip Ubon to BKK and return 2311 baht

So, I could by two roundtrips from BKK to Ubon and just use 1/2 the ticket for 800 baht, and make it a roundtrip Ubon to BKK and save 1500 baht.

Does that make any sense??? Guess GB should add to his only in Thailand list!!

Guest fountainhall
Does that make any sense???

Yes, but it won't work!! If you book any return ticket from destination A to destination B and decide not to use the outward coupon, the reservations computers of all airlines will then wipe the rest of your reservation from its memory. So you'll be stuck with buying a last-minute ticket. Sadly, this is international practice and not just confimed to Thailand.

I just checked on the Thai Air Asia website. I see there are some flights from Ubon to BKK in November at Bt.0!! So why not buy one of those to get to BKK and then the cheap return for BKK/Ubon. As long as you have used the first coupon, you can throw away the second without penalty.

Guest Astrrro

As far as I know the Air Asia roundtrip price is simply the sum of the two one way segments.

However, often one direction is much cheaper than the other for almost all dates.

Guest fountainhall
Roundtrip Ubon to BKK and return 2311 baht

GaySacGuy - go quickly to Thai Air Asia because there are flights in both directions available for Bt.0 in November.

Another sale announced a few hours ago.

This one won't get you free seats but it's 20% off if you book in September for flights in Oct and Nov.

Not too exciting as far as sales go but if you were planning to book anyway, might as well do it now.