Guest rentalb123

Fees

Guest rentalb123

Hello folks,

I will be making my first trip trip to Pattaya the first week in May. Staying at Ambiance and looking forward to 10 days of sun and relaxation.

On the subject of fees though, could you guys help me understand, how much is is typically to "off" a boy? How much is the typical charge for a boy for a short or a long duration? How are short and long normally defined? If the boy agrees to stay a few nights do you pay the "Off" fee each night or just for the first night?

Thanks in advance for any insight.......

Guest GaySacGuy

There are no solid answers as to fees. It is each individual's choice as to the size of tip to provide a boy, and what I am listing here is only a VERY ROUGH GUIDE! Don't everyone yell at me...it is just a guide.

Off fees vary from 200 baht on up to 500 for some show boys or waiters. The average is about 300 baht.

Tips can vary a great deal. Short time (usually a couple of hours) is usually a minimum of 500 baht, but most boys expect about 1000 baht.

Long time (usually overnight and maybe breakfast the next morning) is generally 1000 minimum up to 2000 depending on the quality of the service.

If the boy agrees to stay a few days, then you will need to pay the off fee to the bar for those days. You can do it daily, or just go to the bar and pay for whatever number of days you wish the boy to stay with you.

Hope this helps...there are many ideas on this topic, and it has been covered here often. Remember, these are only rough guides!!!

You should consider Gaybutton's offer to give you a tour when you arrive, and he can help greatly in what you should pay for various services!

Guest laurence

What GaySacGuy writes are good guidelines. Personally I would not try to "nickel-dime" a boy regarding a tip for his services. 1000 Baht is a fair price, and neither of you will be disappointed. Afterall you will only be there for a short time so you bank will not be broken. Just relax and enjoy yourself.

Guest xiandarkthorne

Goody! It looks like I can afford to have fun after all. Funny, somehow I got the impression at most forums that it would cost much more.

Guest MonkeySee
1000 bht tips will be met with a smile from almost everyone in Pattaya.

More for overnight.

Very true, but in Bangkok and Phuket it is another story.

Guest rentalb123
Very true, but in Bangkok and Phuket it is another story.

and why do you say that MS? Are the going rates that different in those two locations?

Guest lvdkeyes
and why do you say that MS? Are the going rates that different in those two locations?

One reason for the difference in price is that the BKK boys are city boys and more sophisticated than the up country bumpkins who come to Pattaya.

Guest GaySacGuy

Phuket isn't really too much higher than Pattaya. Some of the boys from the bigger clubs may want 1500 minimum, but most will be happy with 1000 short time.

Bangkok is another story. 1500 baht shortime...and 2000 for all night seems to be the going rate, but there are others such as freelancers that are more reasonable.

Guest Astrrro

If u know the going rate, I think it's better to just announce what you're willing to pay without negotiating and let the boy accept or reject. Most will accept.

In Thailand, I have never discussed fees for offs from bars in advance.

1000bht tips seem to go down well in Pattaya & Phuket.

They smile on receipt of the tip & want repeat business next time.

Guest rowland

I agree with taxes which were written here (1000 short time, 1500 overnight). When I spent about 8-9 days with one boy, he normally agreed with 1000 baht and we stayed all my holiday together (and of course eating, some trip..shortly all other expences). But I think it is very important to agree about the price in advance.

In BKK I have bad experiences,not with boys, but with prices..once I paid with my friend 450 baht for drink (and boy drink too), mammasan wanted tips quite "for every word he told us"...I would go to BKK boy bars only if I would stay few work days in BKK and couldnt come to Pattaya...

In BKK I have bad experiences,not with boys, but with prices.....

I'm sure most of us have paid over the odds for drinks. The variation is huge. Unless you like getting ripped off, it's just as useful to know the going rate for drinks as it is for 'offs'.

In a country village or small town if a business cheats its customers word gets round PDQ. In a bigger town or city businesses can thrive and prosper whether they cheat their customers or not. The main difference is that many of the customers in a city are just passing through, and even those who live there don't know enough people to influence opinion.

IMO, that's the difference between Bangkok and Pattaya.

Guest jtrack33

Is it only sex that's cheaper in Pattaya or other things also?

On a recent trip to the McDonald's in the Garden mall(?) I ordered a pineapple pie and tea and gave them the universal Thailand amount of Bht42. To which they asked for Bht65 and when I said why not Bht42 as in all other Thai McDoos, they just said "This is Pattaya".

I was also recently in BKK Grill in the newish mall where the newish Villa/Ciniplex/Calif Wow are and ordered the usual items I order at BKK Grill in Bangkok...ie mixed salad, pumpkin soup and iced lemon tea and expected to pay the Bangkok price of Bht84....but no way.. The bill for the very same items on the very same menu was Bht128.

On the last trip I met a Thai student on Dongtan beach. He was planning to move to Bangkok, as he figured it would be cheaper to live. The logic being "you can't eat for 50 bht in Pattaya".

I think Pattaya has a better choice of gay friendly budget accommodation.

On balance, even if the food is slightly more expensive, lower accommodation & evening entertainment costs make Pattaya cheaper.

For me cost isn't the only factor - I like to visit BKK & Pattaya.

Guest Astrrro

Food seems much cheaper in Pattaya than Bangkok. 30 baht lunches work for me. :D

I do notice that every Mickey D's in Thailand has the expensive stuff on the side of the menu that faces up and the cheaper stuff like 20 baht burgers and 9 baht cones on the side of the menu that faces down on the counter.