reader

Hidden camera scam exposes vulnerability of online sex workers

From Pattaya Mail

A 27-year-old individual, known by the alias “Lee,” bravely recounted his unsettling encounter as both a young transvestite and an online sex worker in hopes of alerting others about potential dangers. Lee’s intention in sharing his story is to caution individuals against falling victim to a similar scam.

Lee, who supplements his income by engaging with foreigners on a mobile application, shared his cautionary tale after an unsettling incident. Connecting with a foreigner through a dating app, he agreed to meet the individual at a hotel for a night.

Initially, Lee did not detect anything amiss upon entering the hotel room. However, as the interaction progressed and clothes were shed, he noticed hidden cameras discreetly placed around the room. One was protruding from an unzipped bag, while another was positioned atop the television frame. Feeling uncomfortable, Lee moved to a sofa in an effort to avoid being caught on camera. Despite his objections and reluctance to engage in any sexual activity, the foreigner persisted in recording him.

Lee clarified that his purpose was solely to secure financial stability and support himself. He made efforts to communicate expectations prior to meetings to preclude misunderstandings or conflicts with clients or hotel staff. Lee also indicated his reluctance to comply with certain requests and maintained discretion about his online work to sidestep potential customer conflicts.

To safeguard himself, Lee covertly employed his phone to gather evidence of the hidden cameras. His primary concern is for others who might find themselves in comparable predicaments, and he urges them to remain cautious and prioritize their safety. While he acknowledges the limitations of legal protection in cases like his, he aims to heighten societal awareness to prevent similar incidents from occurring in the future.

While pathetic It may work other way.

It was in one of pre-covid trips , I noticed that  one of guys I hosted  manipulates his phone strange way moving it from one end of table to another and when I asked '  are you trying to record us ?" he did not bother with any answer. Did not protest when  I cover it with something either. To this day I'm not sure it was just coincidence, my hyper sensitivity or something sinister.

4 hours ago, vinapu said:

While pathetic It may work other way.

It was in one of pre-covid trips , I noticed that  one of guys I hosted  manipulates his phone strange way moving it from one end of table to another and when I asked '  are you trying to record us ?" he did not bother with any answer. Did not protest when  I cover it with something either. To this day I'm not sure it was just coincidence, my hyper sensitivity or something sinister.

OH Absolutely it's the same either way.

If the phone isn't flat on the table, I'd get suspicious. And I'd be super offended if they start playing with their phone mid- session.

But, I am generally like to say yes if a guy wants to film... so long as he keeps my face out and uses my phone so I can review and delete at will :)

31 minutes ago, omega said:

And I'd be super offended if they start playing with their phone mid- session.

I'm not offended , I tell them right away ' leave that phone alone', mercifully to their credit  it doesn't happen too often , even with new untested guys. Earlier in smartphone area it seemed to be more of problem , now everybody got more  civilized and sensitive to other's presence.

Although exceptions apply - as desrcibed in one of my last year's reports, one of my guys and not even new  got so tickled that I told him 'leave that phone alone" that he just packed and left forfeiting following 3 days of  income ( ibroght him for Pattaya for 4 days at 4000 a day. But that was special addiction case , later cured.

Just now, vinapu said:

I'm not offended , I tell them right away ' leave that phone alone', mercifully to their credit  it doesn't happen too often , even with new untested guys. Earlier in smartphone area it seemed to be more of problem , now everybody got more  civilized and sensitive to other's presence.

Although exceptions apply - as desrcibed in one of my last year's reports, one of my guys and not even new  got so tickled that I told him 'leave that phone alone" that he just packed and left forfeiting following 3 days of  income ( ibroght him for Pattaya for 4 days at 4000 a day. But that was special addiction case , later cured.

To be fair, I don't have quite the same perspective, I think :)

Though if one is paying for their time, it should be expected that they give all of that time, and not be playing on their phones.

11 hours ago, vinapu said:

If it happened to me I would ask him to leave immediately  , a guy who is trying to film his clients surely had bad intentions to use it for questionable purposes,  he did you a favor by packing and leaving. 

10 hours ago, floridarob said:

4000 THB a day for 4 days, lol

there are boys in existence  I'd gladly pay even more.

Whether it makes sense  to keep guy chained to myself whole day is another issue and I'd say not really while in the same place. May make sense when travelling though.

9 hours ago, Boy69 said:

If it happened to me I would ask him to leave immediately  , a guy who is trying to film his clients surely had bad intentions to use it for questionable purposes,  he did you a favor by packing and leaving. 

you mixed two my recent stories up. Guy you are commenting on did not try to film or record anything. He simply couldn't detach himself from his phone, even in depth of the night. When I told him it's too much , after all he id on paid time he simply packed and left forfeiting promised income .

Then by his own admission (I met him in Pattaya 2 weeks later) he realized how stupid it was and fell into bout of depression. Bottom line is good though, he learned his mistake and improved.