unicorn

Removed from Delta Airlines flight for wearing revealing clothing...

• Members

https://nypost.com/2024/02/06/lifestyle/delta-airlines-removes-reprimands-woman-for-not-wearing-a-bra/

"A frustrated female flyer is pushing back after Delta Airlines staff threatened to kick her off the plane for not wearing a bra. Lisa Archbold was traveling from Salt Lake City to San Francisco on Jan. 22 when the tit snit took off, very suddenly putting her plans in peril. The self-employed DJ, who had just attended the world-famous Sundance film festival, alleged that after “every single person” had taken their seat, she was “loudly” summoned to the front of the plane.

Once there, The Independent reported, the New Zealand expat was herded out into the passenger gangway and given a stern reprimand for her “baggy” t-shirt and long pants, which Delta employees called “revealing” and “offensive attire.”.."

Good for Delta. My only question would be why they waited until everyone was seated to pull her off the plane. But maybe that's when she took her jacket off. I'm not interested in seeing a Kiwi flaunt her breasts. 😉

• Members

If I had a dollar for every clothing offense I encountered on a daily basis, I'd be swimming in Bezos money. I get that I live in NYC, where you see EVERYTHING. But the way some people leave their homes and step onto the street, especially young women, boggles my mind. My son loves bouncing, perky titties, but even he questions the value of dressing half-naked on a street with horny vultures at every corner. I'm surprised the rape numbers aren't higher.

• Members
4 hours ago, omega said:

The Land of the Free (to do as you're told)

What a joke. Delta Employees are not the fashion police, nor are they morality police. Utterly wrong.

Obviously a line has to be drawn somewhere. Should people be allowed aboard wearing anything they please? Only a swimsuit? Topless? A KKK robe? That Kiwi was obviously trying to get a reaction--and she got one. Boo-hoo. Airlines rarely have to take such action, but some people simply take the extra effort to dress in ways designed to provoke negative reactions--and then complain when they get a negative reaction. Why should parents be forced to let their children admire her breasts?

1 hour ago, unicorn said:

Obviously a line has to be drawn somewhere. Should people be allowed aboard wearing anything they please? Only a swimsuit? Topless? A KKK robe? That Kiwi was obviously trying to get a reaction--and she got one. Boo-hoo. Airlines rarely have to take such action, but some people simply take the extra effort to dress in ways designed to provoke negative reactions--and then complain when they get a negative reaction. Why should parents be forced to let their children admire her breasts?

There is a picture of what she was wearing in the article from what she had taken in the airport. It doesn't look particularly revealing. It doesn't look like her boobs were on show for "children to admire". At best it looks like her nipples might have been showing through the fabric because she wasn't wearing a bra. It's weird that men with well defined pecs, or well defined man-boobs, can wander around with their breasts and nipples on full show through their t-shirts, but if a woman does it... "oh please won't someone think of the children!".

There is no mention that other customers had an issue with her. Just the flight crew. Who rather than being discrete and asking her politely to put something on, decided to publicly shame her. 

• Members
1 hour ago, omega said:

...There is no mention that other customers had an issue with her. Just the flight crew. Who rather than being discrete and asking her politely to put something on, decided to publicly shame her. 

The fact that it wasn't mentioned doesn't mean it didn't happen. I suspect someone complained. The article states she was pulled aside, rather than speaking to her in front of the passengers. If she chose to blab about it afterward, that was her choice. 

1 hour ago, unicorn said:

The fact that it wasn't mentioned doesn't mean it didn't happen. I suspect someone complained. The article states she was pulled aside, rather than speaking to her in front of the passengers. If she chose to blab about it afterward, that was her choice. 

And I suspect, given whats in the article, that no-one complained, and simply one or more of the Cabin crew took issue.

If it was a customer complaint, the cabin crew probabaly would have not have called it "offensive attire". They probabaly would also have asked her in her seat to cover up, instead of summoning her to the front of the plane.

But lets ignore the double standards. A guy can walk around in a tight t shirt with his pecs (or man boobs) and nipples clearly visible through the fabric and no-one wants us to think of the poor children.

• Members
58 minutes ago, omega said:

But lets ignore the double standards. A guy can walk around in a tight t shirt with his pecs (or man boobs) and nipples clearly visible through the fabric and no-one wants us to think of the poor children.

Man boobs simply aren't sexually provocative...

image.thumb.png.b6cbc450b368bfd5d9748db15fc67413.png