Guest greg_is_normal

Going rate in Pattaya

Guest greg_is_normal

Hi All,

Off to Pattaya over NY's and am enquiring on the appropriate tips for boys in bars and clubs if a) they sit with you and talk, B) maybe while sitting one cops a feel....(or is that inappropriate) and c) if you off a boy what is the normally acceptable tip for short time (over and above the bar fee). I would suppose everyone has their favourite places/areas but as a first timer is there a "must see" bar/club that is iconic to Pattaya; a place which is "the go to bar/club". Perhaps there are too many...

Thanks for any direction.

Guest joseph44

Don't ask for favorite boy-bars, because after maybe 10 replies, you may have a list of all of them.

Going rates (afaik):

off: THB 300 - THB 600 depending on bar and boy-position

st: THB 500 - THB 1000 (the latter is more likely)

lt: THB 1000 - THB 1500

tip for sitting with you........a drink and THB 100, but that depends on the 'click' and the effort of the boy to make you feel comfortable.

tip for sitting with you........a drink and THB 100, but that depends on the 'click' and the effort of the boy to make you feel comfortable.

I totally agree with you on this. The rest we would have to agree to disagree.

Guest fountainhall

st: THB 500 - THB 1000 (the latter is more likely)

lt: THB 1000 - THB 1500

Clearly this is one opinion, but it's Interesting it comes on the heels of the other recent 'tipping' post, Expected Tips in Chiang Mai. On that thread I posted several comments from other posters stating that minimum expected tips in Pattaya had for years been 1,000 for st and 1,500 for lt - and that this is a well-known fact by all who live here. Personally I feel 500 and 1,000 are virtually an insult to the boys (unless they are total duds).

OK, point made. Fire off the arrows! B)

Clearly this is one opinion, but it's Interesting it comes on the heels of the other recent 'tipping' post, Expected Tips in Chiang Mai. On that thread I posted several comments from other posters stating that minimum expected tips in Pattaya had for years been 1,000 for st and 1,500 for lt - and that this is a well-known fact by all who live here. Personally I feel 500 and 1,000 are virtually an insult to the boys (unless they are total duds).

OK, point made. Fire off the arrows! B)

1000 for short time always seems to be appreciated, so I suspect it is enough.

He his getting what an unqualified Thai may take 4 days to earn in a shop.

The sum is also equivalent to what some non-managerial grade professionals may earn in just 1 hour in the west.

So I suspect 1000 baht is often good value for both parties.

Guest joseph44

Well, if some boys take THB 20 for a bj out in the open, up to THB 2,500 for a quicky in an expensive short time hotel......the thruth will be somewhat in the middle.

Guest fountainhall

He his getting what an unqualified Thai may take 4 days to earn in a shop.

We should not forget that whereas some guys get offed quite regularly, others may hang around for days before lucking out. This is certainly true in one of the Bangkok bars i frequent.

We should not forget that whereas some guys get offed quite regularly, others may hang around for days before lucking out. This is certainly true in one of the Bangkok bars i frequent.

Absolutely. However, I cannot control how frequently the guy gets offed. I can merely assess his earnings for the time when he is with me.

What is clear is that the supply/demand balance is such that there is usually a good choice of guys waiting to be offed in BKK & Pattaya. So even with the unpredictable income stream, they must consider it's better than their other career options.

Absolutely. However, I cannot control how frequently the guy gets offed. I can merely assess his earnings for the time when he is with me.

I say with tongue in cheek; I take a short motorbike taxi for 20 Baht for less than 5 minutes. This equals 20TB/5 min = 240 TB/hour = 1920 TB/8 hr-day = 57,600 TB/month. Not bad for a motorbike taxi driver.

Guest mlomker

1000 for short time always seems to be appreciated, so I suspect it is enough.

The sum is also equivalent to what some non-managerial grade professionals may earn in just 1 hour in the west.

I think you summed that up pretty well. I suppose that go-go boys might expect a little more than average. The guys that I met were from the beach or at the 7-11 (that one was an accident. lol) and I never sensed any disappointment with 1k.

I did have a boy ask for 2k once but I think that was because I'd just got done spending 4k taking him and a friend out on the town...probably figured that I had more money than I needed. He ended up being happy with 1k as well.

Guest fountainhall

Just to add to the discussion, here's a recent post from cruisingforsex indicating mamasans are pushing for higher tips, sometimes without success.

BOYZ, BOYZ, BOYZ - expensive, with any boy offed expecting Bt. 1,500 for short time and at least Bt. 2,000. for overnight/long time

A BOMB - The mamasan suggested that any boy offed for LT would expect Bt. 3,000! A better looking boy than most was invited to sit - conversation indicated he would be quite happy to accept Bt. 1,000 for overnight. The mamasan. did not look pleased.

Personally I feel 500 and 1,000 are virtually an insult to the boys (unless they are total duds).

I agree that 500 for a short time is too little. 1,000-1500 is normal. For overnight 1500-2000 is average from my experiences. That being said, Discuss with the boy in advance and let him know what you want and what you will pay and see if this is OK with him. It is best to lay all cards on the table so that no one is disappointed.

I think you summed that up pretty well. I suppose that go-go boys might expect a little more than average. The guys that I met were from the beach or at the 7-11 (that one was an accident. lol) and I never sensed any disappointment with 1k.

I did have a boy ask for 2k once but I think that was because I'd just got done spending 4k taking him and a friend out on the town...probably figured that I had more money than I needed. He ended up being happy with 1k as well.

90% of the gogo dancers I have met from Pattaya or Phuket get 1000 & a few have received slightly more. They seem interested in repeat business when returning to the bar, so that suggests 1000 is enough. There have been a few polls on the Sawatdee forum, which suggests this is the going rate too.

Guest greg_is_normal

Thank you all for the advice. I suggest (for me) that 1000 min for a short time would appear appropriate. I do not want to treat without respect nor do I wish to over pay... As for he tip in the bar - 100 for the chat (+drink perhpas) and more if any "feeling" goes on.... Look forward to my visit in early Jan. Thanks all.

Guest greg_is_normal

Thank you all for the advice. I suggest (for me) that 1000 min for a short time would appear appropriate. I do not want to treat without respect nor do I wish to over pay... As for he tip in the bar - 100 for the chat (+drink perhpas) and more if any "feeling" goes on.... Look forward to my visit in early Jan. Thanks all.

Guest greg_is_normal

One more thing guys as you all seam to be well travelled and ofay with these topics... I will be in Siem Reap over new years - any spots to visit for nice Khmer boys? IF there is a price... any heads up ... Thanks all once again

Guest gay_grampa

From A Bomb, be sure to check ID twice, maybe thrice, for age.

A comment that proves you should not believe things that you read on message boards.

Are you serious?

A Bomb at the top of Pattayaland Soi 2, joining with 2nd Road? The webpage is at A Bomb

This bar probably has the highest average age of gogo boys anywhere in the whole of Pattaya.

I hope guys dont call me tight fisted but I also tend to pay 1000 for short time , but if im having a boy long term ie more than a few days , i also tend to give him 1000 per night, but i will also cover his drink and food bill plus some extras

One more thing guys as you all seam to be well travelled and ofay with these topics... I will be in Siem Reap over new years - any spots to visit for nice Khmer boys? IF there is a price... any heads up ... Thanks all once again

The Linga bar seems to have some friendly Khmer patrons who like to get friendly with tourists. I suggest you should avoid one called Dara though.

I had a very satisfactory oil massage at one of the massage places in the centre (foot massage downstairs, proper massages upstairs). I don't know the name of the place, but they had yellow shirts & there was a different massage place next door.