Guest taylorsquare

HPV Virus causes anal Cancer

Guest taylorsquare

Those of you who have had genital warts etc now have the HPV Virus.

This virus caused by oral sex,anal sex etc,even with a condom.

There is a vaccine called GARDISIL,however it seems most Western Countries do not subdisise male patients.

DONT think this is not SERIOUS!Some of you in later life will succumb to this virus,going thru radiation and chemo usually only prolongs your life .

Here is a few excerpts from various websites.

"A lack of awareness of the HPV vaccine is preventing gay men from accessing the vaccine before exposure to the virus, new research from Melbourne suggests.

"Almost half of the 200 gay men surveyed said they would be willing to pay the vaccine

Guest taylorsquare

The point is Lvdkeyes,do you risk getting possible throat cancer?

I dont know how HPV is detected,i imagine a blood test?

But i would say 99 per cent of us are carrying it.

Here in germany they recommend the vaccination only for young girls between 12 and 17 years. But if i want i can get it for free and will need it 3 times.

Here is a site with FAQs but in german but easy to translate with google >>

http://dgk.de/gesundheit/impfen-infektionskrankheiten/krankheiten-von-a-bis-z/humane-papillomviren-hpv/fragen-und-antworten.html

I have the same opinion like lvdkeyes. I am now 51 and i am sucking cocks since i was around 15/16 and after 36 years i will not start using condoms for my best fun.

Guest lvdkeyes

It's been 46 years for me and I am not going to get paranoid now about possible risks. To avoid all risks I would have to become celibate and that is not going to happen.

Guest fountainhall

Life is surely about making informed choices - and I do stress "informed". If we decide to avoid all possible risk, fine, but I think life would be incredibly - and, for me, impossibly - dull.

I spoke with my doctor about the vaccine for HPV. Now recommended for males and females from age 9 to 26. Older people may receive the vaccine but may be responsible for the costs. Yes I did receive the vaccine. Three shots are required; 1st, 2nd at two months and 3rd at six months.