Guest travelerjim

New York City/JFK to Tokyo/NRT $604. incl all tax/fees

Guest travelerjim

Here is a cheap flight from New York City / JFK to Tokyo/ NRT

Including all taxes, fees $604.00 round trip!

If you have frequent flier miles on Delta/Northwest

it is only 20,000 miles for round trip from Tokyo to Bangkok

Come on over...enjoy a holiday..

Book soon and fly quickly..on Delta.com website.

See deadlines...

and you do earn Delta frequent flier miles on this airfare too!

tj

$604 -- Tokyo from NYC (Roundtrip), incl. Tax* new

New York City-Tokyo

Top 20 deal - sells out quickly!

Travel dates: Through Feb. 24

By Allison Wylie

Travelzoo Staff

Take advantage of a last-minute fare deal to Tokyo from New York City for $604 roundtrip, including taxes. Typically this flight costs close to $1,000.

The fare is valid for travel departing and returning on Wednesdays through Feb. 24.

Click here to book directly on Delta.com

Thanks TravelerJim. If the price had gone down to 500, I'll just have to get a ticket to LOS for a few weeks. It is getting close to my breaking point. Great price on this and only 20k miles? Wow!

Thanks TravelerJim. If the price had gone down to 500, I'll just have to get a ticket to LOS for a few weeks. It is getting close to my breaking point. Great price on this and only 20k miles? Wow!

Yes, good price but it is not Business Class! I am not sure I would take it even if free.

Guest Astrrro

Yes, good price but it is not Business Class! I am not sure I would take it even if free.

The way I look at it is if my job was to fly coach what should my salary be? I'd gladly fly coach if you paid me $1000 USD. Generally, due to my proactivity, I get extra legroom or an empty seat

Guest geronimo

How do you find a seat on delta for 2000 miles from narita to bangkok.

How to find a delta frequent flier seat to asia question

I have or can have 60000 miles left in my delta account and would like to fly from the us west coast (victoria or vancouver ideal, but willing to pay my own way to seattle or san francisco (preferred) or lax or portland or even montreal canada) to south east asia (cambodia preferred, but I can live with bangkok easily or even singapore in late 2010 (prefer early november but can live with october or december, with a ticket back to where I started from (or Canada even better -- would like to go back in April and am willing to book the return flight now and pay the 100 dollar change fee later (as soon as the reservation system unblocks the date) to go back in april.

Can anyone, perhaps Traveller Jim tell me how to find a seat -- delta.com always has yellow or red on their seat maps, almost never green, delta agents have not been helpful ( when I ask for any seat from us west coast to anywhere south east asia they usually tell me they can only search specific place to specific place on 5 specific dates so I ask seattle singapore since those cities have occasionally had green on the seat maps in years past) -- and they never come up with a 60000 miles award. (I would alsobe happy with a 2000 nrt-bkk if there is a way).

Thanks

Guest travelerjim

How do you find a seat on delta for 2000 miles from narita to bangkok.

How to find a delta frequent flier seat to asia question

The Tokyo - Bangkok reward is 20,000 miles coach/30,000 miles business class.

Not 2,000 miles..

I will do some searching ...IF you are flexible...

you should be able to get a 60,000 return award ticket

from your area to Bangkok on Delta or its partners...

such as Korean Air...

Also I habe learned to be flexible on both departure and destination

cities...Korean Air flies from many major US cities and many times I have

found flights available on them using Delta miles...and then again Delta

both ways...just have to be patient and persistent..and flexible.

Have sen Air France award seats available from there departing cities in USA..

at the 60,000 award miles level..again , be flexible.

China Southern is also a partner Skyteam airline...and they do have seats

available from their cities served to Thailand.

It is getting more difficult in finding the lower award seats...

helps a big deal to have Status with the airline...more availability

shows for those ff fliers.

As for destination cities..I have used Singapore

as well as Taipei..Hong Kong too...as there are cheap fares from those cities to Bangkok...and you also can get a free stopover by doing that too!

tj

Guest fountainhall

I have or can have 60000 miles left in my delta account and would like to fly from the us west coast . . . in late 2010 (prefer early november but can live with october or december . . . )

If you check the prices in the Classified sections of newspapers or with agents, the cheap tickets tend to be available for only a limited period. I'm not sure about miles redemption, but I'd have thought another issue is that the last 3 months of the year are generally peak season. Not only are tickets inevitably more expensive, in many cases the number of redemption seats will be significantly reduced. I have tried to use BA miles on Bangkok/London and Sydney/Bangkok in November but there is zero availability in any class. The maddening thing is that if load factors look bad, the airline will open up more redemption seats later in the year.

Guest geronimo

The Tokyo - Bangkok reward is 20,000 miles coach/30,000 miles business class.

Not 2,000 miles..

Thanks Traveller.

Sorry, the 2000 was a typo, at 20,000 it is a great deal.

While my first first choice would be Victoria (YYJ) or Vancouver (YVR) to Siem Reap (REP) or Phnom Penh (PNH) , Bangkok would be a great choice for me (due to luggage allowance, can then easily bring stuff to friends and family in Siem Reap. I can also fly to (next in order of preference) Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong or Taipei. As for origin , in order of preference, Seattle, SFO, Montreal, Calgary (YYC) Portland, LAX also work.

As for dates first possible would be November 1 (if leaving from British Columbia) or a week later if leaving from anywhere else (due to some obscure governmental rule) . Return could be at any time, but preferably at least a month after departure, not that important as presumably I will be paying a hundred dollar change fee for the return portion to be (hopefully) late April.

Any airline is perfectly fine. I have flown Korean and they are absolutely great.

Thanks, very much appreciated by this first time poster.

Geronimo