Guest travelerjim

Barebacking in ChiangMai...

Guest travelerjim

A most interesting posting on GayTingTong..

http://www.gaytingtong.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7292

All about "Barebacking in Chiang Mai".

..on Elephants :unsure:

looks like a great Thai experience.

(Now...if only my artificial hips would agree)

Barebacking in Chiang Mai - a very pleasurable experience!

Post by gwm4asian » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:23 pm

Have just finished entertaining 4 visitors from the UK who are

considerably younger than myself. One of the things we did was a

trip up to Chiang Mai, and whilst we were there they spotted an

advert for an unusual elephant experience.

G2010-07-12-KIik6.jpg

Instead of the normal trot around the "jungle" in a swaying contraption

strapped onto the poor beast's back, this one advertised a half day of

mahout training.

So we booked for it - 1800 baht per person.

See GTT link for more..photos

and think website links for added information.

http://www.pandatourchiangmai.com/index.php

tj

Guest GaySacGuy

Barebacking is dangerous to your health, and this looks like it qualifies as dangerous to your health. I think I will stick to nice large cages if I ride any elephant.

Guest gwm4sian

As the original author of this topic on Gay Ting Tong (which, incidentally TravelerJim did not ask me about before lifting it and pasting it here) I feel I should point out that the photograph is not one of mine, it is one TJ has added.

Unfortunately, the photograph TJ has chosen is exactly the opposite of the ones I posted. The bored expressions on the faces of those 2 guys clutching for dear life onto the swaying home-made iron bar contraption strapped precariously to the back of the elephant is just what we wanted to avoid; hence we chose the mahout training session. You end up

in sole charge of the elephant - after suitable training. There is no-one else on the elephant with you, and you ride bare-back, tucked up behind the ears.

Guest travelerjim

As the original author of this topic on Gay Ting Tong (which, incidentally TravelerJim did not ask me about before lifting it and pasting it here) I feel I should point out that the photograph is not one of mine, it is one TJ has added.

Unfortunately, the photograph TJ has chosen is exactly the opposite of the ones I posted.

Pardon me gwm4asian..a Moderator at Gay Ting Tong...

I have deleted the photo...and again I say "Your posting was excellent!".

It is sad you do may wish to have your postings shown

on other boards...and my apology if I should have asked first.

I really believe it is a strength for sharing..

I have mentioned this to Gay Ting Tong's Oogleman

Moderator/Still Owner ??? many times...

especially when your contributions are so well done.

In any event, no problem...

as I will not post such links from Gay Ting Tong again.

But, as I said before, I did enjoy your posting and still of the belief that your Elephant Ride/Mahout Training experience should be shared with

all interested in Thailand...wherever one might see it posted.

Not everybody knows of nor sees Gay Ting Tong

and your good postings and information.

tj

Jim, personally I do not find any issue with posting interesting stories from other boards. I remember you once read my bike trip adventures and posted them on other sites. I appreciated that. Other boards do not see the value in cooperation and working together. Personally, from a former forum owner perspective, I don't get it. It is great PR for that board as well as good for their SEO rankings. But, hey, I have always thought a cooperative community was the way to go. When I ran businesses in NYC, new businesses opened up and I always held out a hand to wish them luck and offer any assistance I could. Why? The more there are, the more customers that will be brought in.

I know that Oogleman and Gaybutton have worked together on things in the past. I also believe that Elephant Spike and I have a good relationship. Those are the only 4 true message boards that I am aware. I hope that Scooby and the 3 other boards will find a way to work together in the future to benefit gay men in Thailand.

Guest gwm4sian

I have deleted the photo...and again I say "Your posting was excellent!".

It is sad you do may wish to have your postings shown

on other boards...and my apology if I should have asked first.

TJ - PLEASE read the postings first. Nowhere did I object to you copying the post, I simply remarked you did not ask permission or notify me in any way.

What I did object to, and still strenuously object to, is that you added a photo that has nothing to do with my original post, and conveys exactly the opposite meaning of my post.

I don't know who those poor bored suckers are, I don't know if you had their permission to post their photograph.

There is no need to get in a huff and say you won't post ever again, but if you want to copy my posts please don't attach photos that have nothing to do with the original post.

If you want to see my photos, then look on Ting Tong.