Guest travelerjim

Flowers2Thailand....a special way to surprise your friend

Guest travelerjim

I have used Flowers2Thailand when I was still back in the USA.

Sending flowers or cookies or candy to my special Thai bf was

a pleasant surprise for him on his Birthday, Graduation,

New Years or that Special Memory to celebrate.

Here is their most recent e-mail received today:

FLOWERS2THAILAND...

http://www.flowers2thailand.com/

Flowers2Thailand.gif

Save 300 Baht on a purchase 2,000 Baht or more

Make Summer sizzle with savings from Flowers2Thailand.com

Use Promotion Code YSD966 on our website

Conditions:

* One time use only

* Minimum purchase of 2,000 Baht

* Applicable for categories: Flowers, Cakes/Cookies, and Gift Baskets

* This coupon code expired on Sep 30, 10

* This coupon code can not be used with other promotions or discounts

New Arrival Items

many..SEE THEIR WEBSITE...

http://www.flowers2thailand.com/

Enjoy!

tj

Guest beachlover

But you're assuming the BF is some poor boy who earns very little.

Having said that, the prices on the site are freaking expensive for Thailand, even if there's value in the service/delivery/quality.

I left a collection of pastries and chocolates (actually, instructions to put them together on whatever day he came) at the Dusit Bakery for a boy I met to pick up for his family and not even these, coming from a 5-star hotel, cost as much as this place charges.

Guest travelerjim

Have you ask your BF what he prefer to get to his Birthday - money for to cover 1/2 of his monthly room's rent or box of cookies for the same price?

Moses,

When I was still working, earning $$$, and living in America,

during the first two years of our relationship...

I found that sending him flowers for Valentines

when I was in the USA was a special surprise for him...

I enjoyed doing that...He did too!

Flowers2Thailand was reliable and delivered as promised.

We have now been together for 6+ years...

As an university student my bf was provided for by me...

- he did the studies - earned good grades and I provided a

budget for him which was basic and met his needs.

To this day, that is the same - same. He now is an MBA

student completing his degree at Burapha University in

Bang Saen. We own our own home now...and have for 4+ years.

Moses, To each to his own....I understand your question...

each of us have choices...1/2 rent, cookies, chocolates,

flowers, expressions of love or ???

Take care,

tj

Another way to surprise your boyfriend is to show up without him knowing you're coming. I did this several years ago. I told him before I came that I had a surprise for him. When I arrived in Thailand, I went to the condo we lived in and knocked on the door. When he opened the door, his eyes were wide with pleasure. As soon as he saw me he gave me the biggest hug.

I know that cost much more than flowers or candy but truthfully it was one of the gifts that he says he really liked.

And I'm certainly not saying that he did not like the money that came with me, but I am easy to be fooled.

travelerjim,

when I first time saw my BF 7+ years ago - he was student of last course of UNI... now he is Ph.D. already...

from first meeting till now we had gifting each other many times... we are in love, but I never gift him in amount which he can't gift me back, coz in love main point is not "to take" but "to give" and I don't want to make him pain from idea if he can't gift me back with equal gift... it's from our culture...

as well I want to mention here, what Thai (and Asian in general) have VERY different customs about gifting in comparing with western culture...

Guest travelerjim

travelerjim,

when I first time saw my BF 7+ years ago - he was student of last course of UNI... now he is Ph.D. already...

from first meeting till now we had gifting each other many times... we are in love, but I never gift him in amount which he can't gift me back, coz in love main point is not "to take" but "to give" and I don't want to make him pain from idea if he can't gift me back with equal gift... it's from our culture...

as well I want to mention here, what Thai (and Asian in general) have VERY different customs about gifting in comparing with western culture...

Thank you Moses...

I am very happy you and your bf are in love and wish you

much happiness together as well.

My bf, upon my arrival from the USA...prior to my retirement

and on a short holiday of 10 days in the Pattaya area,

surprised me one day as I returned to my hotel room at

the now closed Flamingo Hotel in South Pattaya.

It was Valentines Day, he had no classes,

and he had sprinkled red rose petals on the bed cover

to make a large red Valentine...with two crossed red roses,

along with a beautiful Valentines Day card with expressions of love.

He sure got my attention..and much appreciation too for his efforts.

Take good care...life in Thailand is wonderful!

tj

Guest beachlover

Out of interest, could you please elaborate?

Another way to surprise your boyfriend is to show up without him knowing you're coming. I did this several years ago. I told him before I came that I had a surprise for him. When I arrived in Thailand, I went to the condo we lived in and knocked on the door. When he opened the door, his eyes were wide with pleasure. As soon as he saw me he gave me the biggest hug.

You just make me laugh PattayaMale. I did the same thing to my BF this trip to surprise him. As soon as he saw me, he almost died (as his girlfriend was now living in my condo with him). :) Surprises don't always work as planned. I should have sent the flowers.

It was Valentines Day, he had no classes,

and he had sprinkled red rose petals on the bed cover

to make a large red Valentine...with two crossed red roses,

along with a beautiful Valentines Day card with expressions of love.

He sure got my attention..and much appreciation too for his efforts.

That shows to us what your BF is very smart... and knows what western people like... "men in his 50, who wants to have love" for sure will be impressed with gifts like this...

I just try now to explain here if it is "everyone's_mistake" to gift "something what you like" at time when you should to gift "something what your BF likes" (I'm not talking about you directly - just in general)...

Once I had visit to our Thai friend (young 28 yo gay men). I saw about 25-30 toys of different sizes from 10 cm to 0.5m - Pokemons, bears, bunnies, cats... They was gifted by his "farang"... But refrigerator in room was empty and boy lend from us 50 baht to buy something to eat...

Guest fountainhall

I just try now to explain here if it is "everyone's_mistake" to gift "something what you like" at time when you should to gift "something what your BF likes" (I'm not talking about you directly - just in general)...

So wise! Too many people aimlessly shop around for gifts that will ultimately end up useless and unused. A small thoughtful gift is usually far more valuable. Mind you, I don't see any Thai guy not using a Lexus if you happened to be so moved . . . :wacko:

Guest beachlover

You just make me laugh PattayaMale. I did the same thing to my BF this trip to surprise him. As soon as he saw me, he almost died (as his girlfriend was now living in my condo with him). :) Surprises don't always work as planned. I should have sent the flowers.

LOL... That's hilarious. What did you do?

Mind you, I don't see any Thai guy not using a Lexus if you happened to be so moved . . .

Could you please read this:

together with:

I never gift him in amount which he can't gift me back, coz in love main point is not "to take" but "to give" and I don't want to make him pain from idea if he can't gift me back with equal gift...

:)

PS. fountainhall, sorry, I'm not native to English (it's easy visible, hehe...) So I have no idea about how many irony is in your reply to me... :)

Guest fountainhall

Sorry, Astrrro. I did realise that English is not your first language. And I was indeed being ironical. I had hoped that by using the 'wacko' icon ( :wacko: ) this might make that clear. In future I will make any replies more specific! But I do agree with your comments.

Guest Astrrro

Sorry, Astrrro. I did realise that English is not your first language.

English is my only language!

Unless you count my two years of high school Spanish or my pitiful Thai.

Think you meant to say Khun Moses.

LOL... That's hilarious. What did you do?

I said hello. Offered her a drink. Asked the BF to help get my luggage inside. She started to clean. I told her not to worry about it. I offered her another drink (probably the soda she bought for him). The BF then said he would be back in 2 hours and he took her home. He was embarrassed that I walked in on them. I asked him to change the sheets when he returned. We then had sex. Afterward, I sat down on my computer to work and he sat on his to play games. Same Same every day. :)

I said hello. Offered her a drink. Asked the BF to help get my luggage inside. She started to clean. I told her not to worry about it. I offered her another drink (probably the soda she bought for him). The BF then said he would be back in 2 hours and he took her home. He was embarrassed that I walked in on them. I asked him to change the sheets when he returned. We then had sex. Afterward, I sat down on my computer to work and he sat on his to play games. Same Same every day. :)

Hm... About 12 years ago I had the same situation with my exBF (we were together 3 years to that time already). Small differences are: I found them in time of sex coz use keys. And I gave them 15 min while went to buy beer for all. Rest was the same.

It was in another country even not in Asia. The end was: in 1 year my exBF had marry on her, they got nice kid (boy), in next 6 month they moved to London, there they got one more boy and in 1 year after second boy was born she run from my exBF with rich Arabian men and left sons to my ex. Now he is back to his country, has 2 sons and sometimes call me to chat. His mother and father call me sometimes and sent me nice postcards to my birthday and Christmas.

Since that time (11 years ago) I have strict rule: NO place for bisexuals in my life.

Guest beachlover

Haha... Handled like a real gentleman.

Erm... I'm curious... was she a girlfriend girlfriend or a friend who happens to be a girl? Forgive my ignorance.

Since that time (11 years ago) I have strict rule: NO place for bisexuals in my life.

Yeah, you just have to be aware if they're truly that way inclined, in the end they will want to be with a girl due to the advantages of greater social norm/acceptance and ability to have kids and grow a family with her along with the long-term benefits, which come from that.

Guest GaySacGuy

TJ..I think it is a great idea to send some of these gifts. The price is a little high, but so is shipping anything from the US or Europe. I was sorry to see that many of the items are only available in Bangkok or select other areas, but will certainly consider using this service during my next trip to US.