Guest dale1

Official Report from TAKE CARE!!

The guys of TAKE CARE!! want to take this opportunity to express our appreciation to all who made the Saturday 9 October fundraising event such a big success: the MANAGEMENT of the CORNER BAR who hosted the event and provided 100% of the cost of admission to TAKE CARE!! -- the 36 VENUES AND FRIENDS who provided the many raffle prizes

Guest travelerjim

Kudos to All for a charity event well done...well attended and fun too...

in spite of the excruciating loud noise from the newly opened bar who chose to blast their loud speakers all evening...it is a new club in Sunee which I will shall NOT EVER

spend one baht in - anytime! Absolute---for sure---promise...

They do not deserve any gay community support!!!

Thanks to the Corner Bar for your good heart and spirited leadership...

and to all the businesses who gave gifts for the drawing - Thanks!

Dale1, may I suggest one final report listing those businesses who DID donate gifts

to the lucky drawing...so we can offer our thanks to them by spending our pink baht in their places of business...and, of course, in the process...know of those who chose to pass on the opportunity to support such a fine and worthwhile charity event of Take Care.

tj

No need to name and shame anyone. There was a large party. I am sure that party was very noisy for its neighbors. That happens in tight corners. When one has a party it is expected that the noise level will be elevated. A party for one bar does not mean all the other bars need to stop their business and pay heed to the farangs who would like a little peace and quite for their party. Each business in a party area has the right to party and have fun.

My apartment in Pattaya is 20 floors up and I can near the music from 2 streets away every night till the wee hours of the morning. I'd love to name and shame them but that is the price you pay for living in paradise.

The Corner Bar did a great job from what I hear. Good money was raised. Many people had fun and I heard there was lots of laughter and excitement. Hopefully, we can concentrate on the good things and not dwell on the negatives.

Guest Astrrro

We have a distribution (dependably for the past five years) every three weeks in low season and every two weeks in high season.

Would you please provide contact info for a bar to get on the distribution list?

No need to name and shame anyone.

Why not? If I read correctly, you were not there. travelerjim was and he describes the music as "excruciatingly loud". I read somewhere else that the bar was asked to turn down the music, but did not do so - or did in such an infinitessimal way that it was not noticeable. 36 venues participated. Why should one bad apple get away with creating such a disturbance and annoying those attending such a major community function? I don't want ever to go to that bar and would like to know its name please. I think others would also like to know it.

I found the name quite openly on another site. It was a host bar named What Else. A lot of posters have echoed travelerjim's comments. The bar decided to have its opening night on the same day as the fund raiser. They were apparently well aware that the fund raiser had been planned for a long time. This was one comment -

"They placed a very, very loud karaoke stage right next to Corner Bar and blasted Issan music at deafening levels throughout Sunee Plaza."

I will now ensure that I never visit it.

I will now ensure that I never visit it.

I am now sure that they are thrilled that you will never visit. Do you honestly think they care? Honestly? Really?

God forbid a bar decides to open on the same night as a fundraiser that is for hosted for Farangs. Jeeze. The nerve of them to do such a horrendous thing.

This was one comment -

"They placed a very, very loud karaoke stage right next to Corner Bar and blasted Issan music at deafening levels throughout Sunee Plaza."

If you are going to quote someone else, share the source. Isn't that the right thing to do? I guess you forgot to take that poster into consideration. humm I do wonder if you and the bar you mention have something in common? :)

I am honestly not trying to be rude or disrespectful. I am only curious why you would get so upset over this event? I have been to bars and parties in LOS many times when the bars next to them had competing music and noise. I find it part of the deal.

If it is a gay owned business, I'd still go there and support them. If it is not gay owned, then if they have sexy guys I'd still go and support them. If it is not gay owned and no sexy guys, then I'd have to rethink my decision.

In the end, any bar in this area that has beautiful boys will be forgiven for discrepancies. If they don't, then they don't deserve your business. But, I'd never not go to a bar because they played loud music one night when there was a party next door.

PS... Please take note that I did not edit out the name of the bar you named and shamed. I did not think it was the right thing to do. I still don't think it was the right thing to do. But, everyone has a right to have their voice heard.

I am not worked up about it. Anyway I was not there. The site I quoted from was gaybuttonthai.com and the poster was named Doug. Since that site can be accessed and read by anyone, I'm not sure that anyone can claim the poster might be upset. When I post here, I know that the world can read my contribution. Do I expect to be credited if anyone finds my words remotely worth quoting? Not at all. If Doug reads this Board and is upset, then I'll say sorry to him.

I have no idea how many farang were at the party. I don't even know if there were any Thai there. The issue, as far as I can see, is that one gay establishment took absolutely no account of what was happening just a few yards away. That happening was supported by 36 other gay venues. If the owner is so insensitive, then I want no part of his business. Do I care about that? Not in the slightest. Does he? I doubt it.

Of course other bars play muusic. But the whole point is that this was not just another bar playing music. It was an "excruciating loud noise all evening". That is not what I call a normal evening in Sunee. I wonder how you and the other GT members would have felt if it had happened during your party? I think that was held very near at Yaya's.

I did notice that you left in the bar name. But why would you edit it out, when it is all over other Boards? It's no secret.

"If it is a gay owned business, I'd still go there and support them. If it is not gay owned, then if they have sexy guys I'd still go and support them."

That's perfectly fine. I decided I will not. WE agree to differ.

I am not worked up about it. Anyway I was not there. The site I quoted from was gaybuttonthai.com and the poster was named Doug. Since that site can be accessed and read by anyone

It is available to all. Not all read it. I do but only once or twice per week. I read your post here and I went to all the other boards and I could not find the quote. Sorry, I guess I am not a good researcher.

Do I expect to be credited if anyone finds my words remotely worth quoting?

You may not get upset that someone takes your words from another board but many do. And, many board owners do as well. I can't count the number of times that I have been asked to remove a post for that same reason. I only wanted credit given to where it is due. That was all. Thanks for doing that. If gaybutton asks us to remove it, we will. Otherwise, I see no need to remove it.

Of course other bars play music. But the whole point is that this was not just another bar playing music. It was an "excruciating loud noise all evening".

What is excruciating to one is not to another. For me, I hate loud music when I can't talk and hear over it. I have friends that love it. If they walked down the plaza and every bar was blasting, they would be in heaven. I would be in hell.

I wonder how you and the other GT members would have felt if it had happened during your party? I think that was held very near at Yaya's.

Honestly, it would not have bothered me in the least. I assumed that risk when I decided to host the event in the Plaza. I had a party one night with some friends and I didn't know the owner of one bar had hired live music and a stage to be constructed. It was so loud no one could hear. It happens when people don't communicate. I have no idea what kind of communication went on here. I don't know if the owners of the bars talked beforehand. As you said, I wasn't there.

That's perfectly fine. I decided I will not. WE agree to differ.

Yes, we do. And, that is what makes the gay world so wonderful and I appreciate your response was to the point and not personal. I hope mine was not offensive to you! And, life goes on.

If gaybutton asks us to remove it, we will. Otherwise, I see no need to remove it.

In that case, i'm sorry. I had assumed when content is freely available, then it's quotable even without attribution. In future I'll be more specific.

I'm glad you would not have been bothered by the noise . My reaction would have been like travelerjim and those who posted on gaybuttonthai. But then I was not there!

Your posts were not in the slightest offensive. I appreciate the give and take that goes on on this Board without all the backstabbing common on some others.

Guest travelerjim

GT,

I can assure you that the loud music which was blaring was indeed LOUD!

No doubt about that fact. They were asked to lower the level of music and

their actions of keeping the LOUD blaring LOUD was unfortunate.

Enough said!

tj

GT,

I can assure you that the loud music which was blaring was indeed LOUD!

No doubt about that fact. They were asked to lower the level of music and

their actions of keeping the LOUD blaring LOUD was unfortunate.

Enough said!

tj

Travelerjim, any statement you make is not questioned by me. I totally believe you when you make a comment on this board. You reputation is impeccable IMHO. My only comments were that some would like the loud music and others would not. I'm old and hard of hearing so I would hate the loud music next door to me. Many of my friends would have no issue with it.