Guest travelerjim

US Embassy in Pattaya Wednesday December 1st

Guest travelerjim

US Embassy in Pattaya Wednesday December 1st

Dear Pattaya area American Citizens,

The Consular Section of the American Embassy in Bangkok is pleased to inform you of the time and place for the previously scheduled consular outreach visit to Pattaya on December 1, 2010. Please come if you can!

Consular staff will be available to provide services on:

Wednesday, December 1, 2010 from 10:00 to 14:00 at the Dusit Thani Pattaya,

at 240/2 Pattaya Beach Road, Pattaya City, Chonburi, 20150, Thailand.

Telephone: 03-842-5611. E-mail: dtpa@dusit.com

An announcement for the next consular outreach visits to Phuket and Korat will be made shortly.

The next two outreaches planned for Pattaya will be on March 1, 2011 and June 1, 2011.

The following consular services will be available during our outreach visits:

• Passport renewal applications ($135.00 or Baht 4,050 for adult passports, and $105 or Baht 3,465 for a child’s passport).

• Notarial Services and Certified Copies ($50.00 or Baht 1,500). This includes income affidavits for retirees in Thailand.

• Extra visa pages ($82 or Baht 2,460). Note: we can accept applications, but the passports will have to be brought back to the Embassy for final processing the next day. The passports will then have to be picked up in person (or by a friend upon presentation of a letter of authorization signed by the applicant) at the Embassy.

• Social security, VA, or other federal benefits question will be limited, but we will try to provide forms and answers.

(Please bring exact change!)

Consular Reports of Birth cannot be processed during consular outreach trips.

If you have any questions, please email acsbkk@state.gov or call the American Citizen Services Unit at 02-205-4049.

We look forward to seeing you.

Sincerely,

American Citizen Services

U.S. Embassy

Bangkok, Thailand

tj

Guest Astrrro

Anyone know if a passport expires how far in advance you can renew?

If you renew early does it expire 10 years later or do you also get credit for your unexpired time?

Do you get to keep your old passport since that is where my retirement visa is located.

My retiremnet visa expires in Oct 2011 and my passport expires in jan 2012.

Am wondering what the path of least resistance is re coordinating both renewals>?

I don't know specific period for getting a renewal, I did mine about 3 months before it expired - takes about 2 weeks for new passport to be issued - it expires 10 years from issue date. When they take your application, they give you back your passport - when you pick up the new one, they give you a letter to take to Thai Immigration.

At Thai Immigration, they will look at the information in your old passport and include information from it in the new passport (a series of stamps where they record the information - original visa and subsequent extensions - these are not the same stamps used when extending the visa - smaller so they take up less space). There is no cost for the transfer.

I would suggest making application a few months before expiration - US Embassy ACS schedule shows they will be here in Pattaya on March 1, June 1, and September 1 in 2011.

Guest travelerjim

I don't know specific period for getting a renewal, I did mine about 3 months before it expired - takes about 2 weeks for new passport to be issued - it expires 10 years from issue date. When they take your application, they give you back your passport - when you pick up the new one, they give you a letter to take to Thai Immigration.

At Thai Immigration, they will look at the information in your old passport and include information from it in the new passport (a series of stamps where they record the information - original visa and subsequent extensions - these are not the same stamps used when extending the visa - smaller so they take up less space). There is no cost for the transfer.

I would suggest making application a few months before expiration - US Embassy ACS schedule shows they will be here in Pattaya on March 1, June 1, and September 1 in 2011.

Thai Immigration will transfer your Type O Retirement Visa to your new

US Passport...NO charge...

BUT, they will NOT transfer any Re-Entry or Multiple re-entry permits which may be in your old US Passport.

So get your re-entry permits at time you get your NEW Visa extension for Thailand.

tj

Guest Astrrro

Do I get the new passport the same day in Pattaya or must I travel to Bangkok later?

If I submit the app in Bangkok to I get the passport the same day?

Guest travelerjim

Do I get the new passport the same day in Pattaya or must I travel to Bangkok later?

If I submit the app in Bangkok to I get the passport the same day?

NO both cases...

They used to be able to do it in BKK..

but now with Homeland security & new policy...

I believe the passport is issued in the Philippines..

sent back to BKK...

then you can pick it up in BKK.

A friend, with letter authorization,

can also pick it up for you in BKK.

Maybe others have more info for you.

You can ask the question at Pattaya in Dec

when US Embassy here at Dusit.

tj