Guest beachlover

Bangkok's tallest skyscraper: MahaNakorn

Guest beachlover

Anyone heard of this this new 77-level high residential (plus retail) building development in Bangkok? It's called MahaNakorn. It's due for completion 2012. Apparently it will be Thailand's tallest building. Looks awesome. It will be in the Sathorn/Silom area beside Chong Nonsi Station (near the Sofitel Silom).

I've been wondering what kind of place I'd get if I ever bought a place in Bangkok. I think if I ever commit to a Thai guy as a life partner, I will need to get a place in Bangkok, either as a drop pad or somewhere to live full time. He'll want to be near his family and such. All this is bloody long time away yet but it's nice to dream ahead... :)

I love the design and the height. Think of the views. Not so sure about the location. Think I'd prefer a place closer to Sukhumvit, Lumpini or Lang Suan.

Here is the website: http://www.maha-nakhon.com/

Here are some Cambodians complaining about the bloody Thais using their name LOL:

The thai had done it again. But this time they use our great ancient Khmer empire name MohaNokor to name their stupid tallest building.

http://www.asiafinest.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t212393.html

Here is a video:

1627d2a50e.jpg

Pretty pictures:

m11.jpg

m12.jpg

m13.jpg

m15.jpg

m16.jpg

m7.jpg

m5.jpg

m3.jpg

m8.jpg

m1.jpg

m2.jpg

Guest beachlover

I find the design interesting. It looks like it will allow for a LOT of natural light into many of the apartments, which is important.

I wonder if Bangkok needs a real landmark building. I mean, I know the lovely riverside temples are iconic of Bangkok... but if you think about it, KL as the Petronas Twin Towers, Taipei has 101, Singapore now as the Sands Marina building (though I'm not sure it will be as significant a landmark)... maybe Bangkok needs something enormous and truly spectacular.

It could be on the riverfront... towering... iconic shape. I wonder.

Guest beachlover

LOL... the moderator goes nuts whenever Ocean1 is mentioned at the Sawatdee forum. I wonder if a development like this would be safer to buy off the plan (than Ocean1) if the developer is reputable and it's partnered with the Ritz Carlton.