Guest Motel69

What happened at the pre-New Year's G5 party in Taipei?

Guest Motel69

I found this cryptic message on the G5 facebook page:

We also want to take this occasion to clarify any misunderstanding and to offer our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience that occurred on December 30th. As we would never provoke or tolerate harm brought upon to our friends, the team of G5 is appalled by the inappropriate actions from the staff of the Performance Hall that night and we have addressed our condemnations of these offensive behaviors to the responsible parties. The team of G5 will always stand alongside the GLBT community and stand against prejudice or injustice. Therefore, we welcome any friend who seek help from the matter to contact us on our Facebook page and we will assist in the resolving the issues as best as we can.

A little further down on the thread, there is this note:

G5 Taipei We have sacked the staff members who were accused of involving in the brawl on Saturday. Please be assured that this won't happen again. Thank you for your understanding.

Anyone know what happened? The G5 parties are the best things happening in gay Asia today. I'd hate to see them end. But if the venue's security staff is taking the opportunity to kick some gay ass -- and it certainly looks like that is what happened -- then I don't see this 10-year-old tradition continuing much longer.