Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

vinapu

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by vinapu

  1. I liked your article so thought others will too. I always advise everybody - go and see for yourself as other's perception may be clouded by factors irrelevant to us- weather , crowd or lack of it, AC , loud music, favorite boy already sitting with customer, pushy mamasan or plainly , just constipation.
  2. vinapu replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    I agree but usually fun to read if only because I marvel what it's so exciting here or there and why this or that place is not even mentioned. I still laugh on list of best travel destinations by some upscale travel magazine in early 90 ties where Palm Springs , California came as top one beating all those minnows like New York , London, Rome , Rio etc.
  3. I agree with your boss that going for weekend to other side of world is a bit extravagant but I don't think it's idiotic at all as long as we can survive it physically and finance it. My inspiration for 1st 1 week long trip came form my cousin living in Europe who got reward - paid for 4 days trip to Bali. Upon return he told me he can do it every week so I said to myself why not me?. Flight for my 2nd weeklong jump was paid by somebody else so it was easy decision. I even got trat from airline - upon return flight was less than half full so I had 4 seats at disposal -first class for the poor
  4. Our member macaroni21 just posted his account on his blog https://shamelessmacktwo.travel.blog/2024/07/01/tawan-bar-becomes-the-one/#more-4730 seems to be more upbeat
  5. I did in reverse direction and it included walking up to both peaks of Pratamnak hill with admiral and Big Buddha. I think it took 3-4 hrs
  6. you got it right, if I were closer I'd be keen on coming just for weekend or long weekend from time to time My shortest trip were 1 week trips in Oct 2018 and Oct 2019
  7. being old school, I find it hard but yes , you are right
  8. You only 2 hours flight away, easy 1 day trip !
  9. Hope your sickness wasn't caused by reading my texts
  10. You have a good heart. Come back to good health fast , as you know it's very unhealthy to be sick.
  11. I remember rumors circulating that they were driven out of business by owner of that French restaurant ( Indigo?) on the corner with some dirty tricks involving police harassment.
  12. I still remember Fan Club fondly. I had semi regular there , Man was his nick. What a man !
  13. I understand one can see all boys sending texts but how we can assess what texts and to whom they are sending ?
  14. he feels even better when you motion him from the stage to come and have drink and possible off with you
  15. wouldn't be nicer to live in a country not subject to sanctions ? and whose citizens can say freely that president stays too long or is unfit for the office? And war can be called 'war' , not 'special military operation?"
  16. don't make fun of my English, I can swear in 7 languages. on merit I agree I could phrase it better, no, post was not about tipping teacher
  17. vinapu replied to shoebox's topic in Gay Thailand
    If there was option of three 'likes " , I'd give to that statement. the same goes with inviting boy to an expensive dinner and then tipping him less than boys's share of that food was. That was authentic complaint I got from boy who showed me guilty customer sitting in the bar ( no, that was not farang, lol)
  18. vinapu replied to shoebox's topic in Gay Thailand
    I'm strong believer in charity and spreading wealth more evenly
  19. Americans know it and perhaps fine with it as many of them and their children worked in such jobs. But foreigners are not to be expected to understand that rationale and entitled to be amazed and annoyed by those 15-25% tip requests even if, at end of day , US price with tip may still be cheaper than what they would pay in their own country. When comes to Thailand , with off fee of 1000 baht in Moonlight (models only) and BBB in Pattaya I'm not surprised that some arrivals from non tipping countries may think it's all in. Some may even abuse situation by playing stupid, it's why those things should be explained well by mamasans or whoever is collecting off fee. Many times I heard phrase " 500 is for the bar, you need to pay boy separately" .
  20. have fun and make sure you treat boys well
  21. better give boy 1000 tip making sure all will see. I was told that out of 1000 we pay for garland , boy gets only 700 so bar cashes 300 for pain of stapling together 10 red notes. Alternative is to make garland yourself, I know one member who did it pre-covid just to annoy mamasans at Moonlight
  22. that's in line with my Mom's teachings, she always told us 'if you don't have money for vacations , stay home , save and than go to have fun"
  23. I'm strong believer in freedom of choice , including freedom of not going to a place one is not inclined to go. but agree , it's reader's loss
  24. I should add to the above that even if boys remember a lot about us and encounters we can count on their discretion. Over years I met many boys who know that their other customer is my friend, often because recommendations they were aware of and still they never mention anything. I recall two exceptions, hardly indiscretions. One was comment ' you snore like your friend X " , other was more revealing '' you more romantic, your friend likes go to bed right away", hardly indiscretion though. all of my forum friend like to go to bed, that's safe bet and timing has little relevance. I know about comment about me, again hardly sensational " I like your friend, he likes boys long time". I recall also one upsetting case when I recommended massage boy to our member and he showed him some pictures of his clients. All decent and fully dressed but still our member hated it and if I recall well, cut encounter short.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.