Everything posted by ggobkk
-
What do you guys do the night before departure?
As the boys might say: same, same
-
Amara vs The Raya Surawong, which hotel would you choose ?
I prefer the Amara and have just booked three night there in September. It's about a five minute walk from the New Twilight Male bar and five more from Moonlight, Hot Male, DreamBoys etc. The Raya once steps from Twilight is now next to a construction site. It hasn't moved just the developers have moved in on Twilight. If debating between the two, recommend a @vinapusolution...a few nights at each. My version of this is Amara to start, then Pattaya for a few nights, then back to Bangkok with a stay at the new Quarter Silom hotel.
-
Amara Hotel Bangkok joiner policy
At @reader's suggestion I joined the Amara Club. The rates in September are about 40% less than August which works well for my September Bangkok visit.
-
Amara Hotel Bangkok joiner policy
A Rose isn't always a Rose when its a residence and not a hotel
-
Air Fares to Thailand 2022
I was planning on Eva for it convenience and quality...unfortunately transferring flights in Taipei requires a covid test. So I booked United to Tokyo then transfer to Thai. Not a lot of great choices for those going west to Bangkok from the west coast of the USA
-
Is it just me? Am I too old?
As @readerobserves this is a topic that has drawn lots of insightful comments. As one who has a few years on you, I can only say is relax into vacations. I aim for three weeks visits as there is a boredom quotient tht grows with the length of stay. I agree with @floridarob that sometimes chilling out in the hotel is a suffieicnt way to end the day/night and recharge.
-
Amara Hotel Bangkok joiner policy
The Rose does look nice but the price is pricey (i.e $250-$300 USD per night).
-
Amara Hotel Bangkok joiner policy
Agree with Reader and Vinapu"s +1
-
Can never be 100% all the time
I've has boys walk with me, I've had boys walk a bit behind, and I've had boys lead me to my hotel (due to the boy internet, they knew where I was staying). In each scenario the goal of getting the boy to the hotel was achieved.
-
Will it be much better to visit in December vs August?
Airfares may be less in December. In a "normal" year that wouldn't be the case, but there's a big drop as of the 2nd week in September. Now this is from the perspective of someone coming from the west coast of the US. Flying to Bangkok in September the fares are $500+ less that in August.
-
Bangkok Trip Report 2022: The wait is over. What was I waiting for?
- How much to tip boy next to you
Thanks @TotallyOz for setting a standard price list which we may negotiate toward or from. It helps me plan my September trip budget. I encourage those in Thailand who are negotiating with boys to keep note of what the going rate is.- Bangkok Trip Report 2022: The wait is over. What was I waiting for?
Yes and like unto exploding shoes rules were made many years ago which are still in place. Last time in China (30 months back) the security check wanted me to show them the battery pack. On flight last month from SFO to Washington DC I was reminded that if I had a battery pack (which I do) that it needed to be in my carry-on. What's amusing is the April air tags are battery powered and they are packed in my in the hold luggage. Oh well...- Bangkok Trip Report 2022: The wait is over. What was I waiting for?
IMHO Lucky Boys is not able to open as Mamasan Lucy is holding out for more baht!- My long-awaited and glorious return to Thailand
Thanks for your reports, the conversation and introspective style makes for a wonderful read.- Senso Massage
One can always count on @paulsf to put out a carrot to draw @vinapuback...- Bangkok Trip Report 2022: The wait is over. What was I waiting for?
@numazuyou may have read all or parts of this masterwork at some point. Reference to "Rush"...refers to the author of Bangkok Bois (also titled "Dancing with the Devil in the City of Angels. For newbies it is incredibly helpful and also provides a visit to Twilight in its heyday. Well, it was for me, at least.- Bangkok Trip Report 2022: The wait is over. What was I waiting for?
My hunch is next stop is Hot Male...- Bangkok Trip Report 2022: The wait is over. What was I waiting for?
Numazu has advised - he's back to reporting and I for one appreciate this. More notes to add to my invisible journal preparing for my September jaunt.- Min's tidbits about my Thailand and Vietnam experiences
We must accept that the boys when not entertaining us eat and drink and gossip together. Once I traced how information spread and learned that a Vietnamese off from Screwboys knew of me from a Hot Male off as they shared the same living quarters. I would think that your recognition level is high as you have a highly desired "good heart".- Min's tidbits about my Thailand and Vietnam experiences
The boys know and share info on their client's generosity or lack thereof as well as other data. When Screwboys was functioning and I was a regular my evening's off would know where I was staying, know my likes, etc. Same same when I took different boys on different nights from @Home in Jomtien. Just booked a flight for September to BKK with a side slide to Pattaya. Appreciate the great reports from @Minand @vinapuand the sidebar comments of @reader I'm taking notes.- Pride Party Tonight and Tomorrow at Home Bar, Jomtien Complex
Another version from Albert Camus - "Ce n'etait ni vrai ni faux, c'etait vecu", translation to English: it's neither true nor false, it's how I remember it.- Air Fares to Thailand 2022
Checking around for a three week visit in September. Until recently from the west coast of the US the routings were unsure or via Europe or the Gulf and the travel times were predicted to exceed 30 hours. Airfares were significant. Just this week there has been some air fare drops beginning n September and Eva has restored its SFO to BKK via a short stop in Taipei. Air Canada has also announced plans for a direct flight from Vancouver to BKK.- Unexpected reunions and few shattered dreams - 22nd trip to Thailand in May 2022
@vinapuAccept the widespread and well deserved praise for your illuminating reports on alphabetizing and knitting and maintaining a stamp collection in a humid environment! Past experience with report writing allows me to be impressed by the effort you put in to hold our interest and maintain some/a lot of suspense. While I am attempting to plan a 3 week visit in September, I am sad that I could not be in Smile Land when so many grand gentlemen descended on the sois with the goal of helping the Thai economy recover. I'd take my hat off (if I wore one) to you and @paulsf @anddy and @reader. Its also a joy to find new reporters @Minand @jason1975 have been inspired by you to add new enlightenment to the Forum. Hopefully, there can be a gathering of whatever the Scots would call this clan, but until then may the reports keep coming, though I suspect none (well maybe my next one) will equal yours. Thanks- Mike's taxi service
Mike's is a good choice. When pre-Covide I was a three visit a year traaveler, Mike's was my go to transport between Pattaya and Bangkok. Always on time with good drivers. - How much to tip boy next to you