Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ggobkk

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ggobkk

  1. Jasper should be the Forum's club reviewer. Agree with all he says, visited Jupiter 2018 last week and other than noting the place was packed for the 10:15 show and much of the audience appeared to be Chinese who arrived as a group and were seated in the first row surrounding the stage.
  2. It may be a generational thing, as Numazu speculates. This past trip, I was surprised by the number of boys wanting to have a photo taken of them! I tell them I'll take the photo with teir phone. I checked my iPhone after I started reading this thread and find that I have several thousand photos in the cloud. Looking at the earliest ones, I find that what's in the photo doesn't always match my memory. I prefer the memory to the actuality. Yes, it's generational.
  3. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    I spent last week at The Raya. No hassle on guests as long as they leave their identification at the desk while "visiting". When checking for a hotel, check several websites, the prices can vary. Agoda has been good for booking The Raya. I used to stay at Tarntawan but moved on when it was sold. New management caters to small groups...the former manager now runs Tartawan Apartments nearby. You might check that out. Agree with Vipanu's market information. MBK is worth the trip as it doesn't have the international big names that one finds at Siam Paragon or Central World (and every shopping mall in the world!) Last week, I had massages at Arena and Senso...both were excellent, Senso slightly more expensive. Arean had more masseurs to choose from, many more. Not sure what "stocky" means to you. Tawan has body builder types, there were two of that caliber at HotMale last week. Enjoy your visit...
  4. Dynamic pricing, that curse for sporting events and theater, where prices ratchet up when there is greater demand, may be infecting the pricing of offs. On Monday an off at Hotmale was 400 baht, on Thursday at Hot Male Bar#2 an off was 500. The captain/mamasan said it went to 600 for Friday and Saturday. And was in effect at Hot Males two bars and Gogol. That's one company, didn't check on any others. Not a happy camer here.
  5. Saw the Boys 66 show two nights ago...won't add anything to Jasper's spot on report other than noting there were only 12 in the audience
  6. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    A personal story. While traveling last week in the north of Thailand, I cut my right forearm while loading my backpack into a sort of baht bus. The cut also pulled back a flap of skin. I did basic first aid. When I returned to Bangkok, the wound was still oozing blood and the skin tag was dead but attached. I went to the emergency room at the Christian Hospital on Silom. An hour later, I emerged with a large bandage, a cleaned and disinfected wound site, skin tag removed, a tetanus shot, a bag of capsules to prevent infection, back up pain pills,. The service from the greeting, to the taking of vitals, the medical consult, the procedure, the pharmacy, and the payment checkout was of a very high order. The cost 1,995 THB. That's less than my out of pocket cost at home just to go to the emergency room and I have great in-depth insurance. My travel insurance will reimburse me for the 1,995 THB. I'm relating this positive experience as a way of indicating that things happen at home and during travel.
  7. Agree Jomtien seems more alive than the Boyztown clubs. Just left Pattaya yesterday. The old growth trees are being cut down and replaced with a promenade of palm trees. The destruction was from the main road to in front of BB Inn and the Sandpiper.
  8. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in Gay Bangkok
    Somehow this is not a surprise. After landing this past Saturday, plane was put on hold for forty minutes waiting for a gate to open.
  9. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    Lots of good advice and insight in this thread. I fell and cut my head open a few years back. Nothing serious but convinced me to buy insurance for future trips. I get an annual policy as I travel internationally six or seven times a year. There are brokers who will craft a policy to meet individual needs. NY Times travel wrote about this last year.
  10. You should have a great time. I'm in Bangkok now and at The Raya. It's a great location. Also post closer to your departure to see who's in town.
  11. Love the pacing of the reports. It's understood that the boys in a club talk about their customers. And that's a benefit is you receive a good grade. Bad grade = shun-vile. I've personally learned that the boys from, say Vietnam, talk cross club. Last visit, my regular Van learned that I'd offed another Viet, Nuguyen, from Screwboys. All was not lost as Van decided to put the three of us together. Why do I mention this...well, Numazu is hinting that he has intent to dazzle some boys from Myanmar but keep BurBoy out of the picture. All I can say is good luck.
  12. ggobkk replied to ggobkk's topic in Gay Thailand
    I've arrived after 26 hours in transit of one form or another. That said, I'm traveling with my iPad and no keyboard. To write a full - but never as full as Numazu report - I need a keyboard. So,e highlights from the past two days: marijuana brownies on the airport train, 787 and lightning, no immigration line, 3am Jomtien birthday party with 3 farang guests, and a dozen or more shirtless boys, some in underwear...oh and two in ball gowns...and the smiling 6ft Cambodian boy... I may post some more coming attraction teasers...let's see what happens between now and the keyboard.
  13. ggobkk posted a topic in Gay Thailand
    If other forum members are in Pattaya on the 4th or 5th, or in Bangkok from the 10th to 15th and would like to meet up "PM" me. Apprecation Thanks, Numzau for putting your toes back into the Forum with a trip report. You've encouraged me to also begin my own report - though I haven't left yet. Prelude Having unpacked both my luggage and my jet lag from last week's to the UK to attend a wedding, I've just finished packing for a less formal and warmer and wetter climate. I'm looking forward to a rest with a sensual side. It seems to me that I've been living on planes since March when I went to both D.C. and Chicago (separate slogs) from SFO; then in April I was in Italy, then back to the Bay Area for some meetings, then to London and Bolton(!), back to the Bay Area and anticipating another 22 hours of travel before being able to let things go. I leave the US tomorrow ( Friday ) and, after a stopover in Tokyo, arrive in Bangkok late Saturday night. I have a ride booked to Pattaya, where - if mutual planning actually works - I'll be met by a favorite of mine from last trip. We spent two amazing nights together on my last visit celebrating Chinese New Year. I'm in Jomtien/Pattaya for Sunday, Monday, and part of Tuesday. Ideal is to spend the days at the beach, have a massage, dine very well at The Poseidon, then after a temptation walk around Jomtien head into town and visit Boyztown venues and/or Sunee Plaza. If the Jomtien temptation is too powerful, then plans may be redrawn. On the 6th, I head to Bangkok to meet up with Van (see earlier reports) to celebrate some recent achievements of his...then the next day I head out with Ya from Siam Roads to explore Chonburi and stay at a floating hotel near the River Kwai bridge. Back to Bangkok for the weekend and following week...have some plans to check out new and old Jupiter, revisit Arena, and Senso, sit at Paulsf's seat at Hotmale Bar...and just go with the flow for the week. To be continued...
  14. Welcome back, Numazu! And, welcome back Trip Reports.
  15. Wander and have fun...I have a compressed three night, two and a half day visit coming up. Based on earlier visits, a lot can be "accomplished" in a short time.
  16. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Te US $ is up against the THB in today's trading. But the THB is strong against other currencies.
  17. What's "Old" Jupiter's name now?
  18. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    One of the boys at Hotmale once said (asked) "Baby" (!/?) as he rubbed my belly...after many decades of living, as Vessey notes, it's hard to put things in reverse. Instead, I continue to enjoy food, but do my best to walk several miles a day, do some serious stretching in the mornings, and not get too hung up on body image. Though Vessey's self description of being being a bouncy castle is something to contemplate.
  19. Thanks, Serendipity for the update. I hope to check out the new and the old Jupiter in the next two weeks. 250 baht for drinks...seems almost reasonable when compared to Twilight...must be an opening gambit.
  20. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    What was the name of the OTHER massage place in Silom Plaza? And I have great memories of Aqua!! The Other place, possibly, is Spa Bangkok which got a strongly positive review by DivineMadman earlier this year, though he mentioned it was pricey. 1st floor same location as Arena.
  21. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    Agree with Numazu and have had guides from both of his categories.
  22. ggobkk replied to ggobkk's topic in Gay Thailand
    One more try
  23. ggobkk replied to ggobkk's topic in Gay Thailand
    Having photo issues. Will try again
  24. ggobkk posted a topic in Gay Thailand
    Saw this London W4
  25. Thanks for the report

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.