Everything posted by ggobkk
-
Suggestions sought = BKK to Pattaya transfer
As the OP, I appreciate the information on the public transport from the airport...but, my flight from the USA via Tokyo doesn't land until 2230. Probably go with ryanasia's suggestions to contact the hotel or use PTTaxi.
-
Hero reopening Nov 30
Rate is down but still higher than Arena...
- First time to Jomtien....Advice Please!
-
BMA bans all street food across Bangkok this year
Here's an update via the BBC http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-39768764
-
30 Day suspensions
Of the three forums that are Thai gay topical, I decided to make this the one for my posts as the replies were usually informative and supportive and did not denigrate into trolling attacks as could be found in other places. There has been a slight shift recently and Vessey and Numazu were on the receiving end. Their reports are missed...but it's good to see that they are back commenting. I'll be in the Land of Smiles in early June and am planning on a trip report...see what happens.
-
Building a Vision of Heaven
I plan to visit next month.
-
Building a Vision of Heaven
More than a send-off site, it's a launch pad.
-
First time to Jomtien....Advice Please!
Agree with Vessey...@Home is friendly with (at least when I last visited) many Cambodian stunners. The Posiedon Hotel has one of the best restaurants...continental and Thai food. Generous portions. Chef is from the Netherlands. Never had a problem bringing a Boyztown boy back to Jomtien - I'm willing to take a taxi but the boy usually suggests the baht bus
-
New Photo Forum
Scooby - recent comments and postings seem to have necessitated this...being proactive is good. Think a review after some time (6 months?) might be a good idea.
- Boyz Boyz Boyz Club, In Gay Pattaya, Thailand
-
Suggestions sought = BKK to Pattaya transfer
Hitchhiking would save some baht and provide some exercise not to mention meeting locals...but, I think I'll try one of the suggesions above, starting with asking the hotel.
-
Suggestions sought = BKK to Pattaya transfer
For my upcoming visit, I decided to go from the airport (BKK) to Pattaya. In the past I've gone to Bangkok first then ventured now and then to Pattaya. My flight will arrive around midnight on Saturday, I've booked at the Poseidon...what are some suggestions on companies / taxi services to get me to my destination will as little fuss as possible...as I will be incredibly jet lagged (22 hours on planes or in airports not to mention Thai immigration). Thanks
-
The Raya or The Arni??
Can't comment on the DeArni but encourage comparing prices on websites and doing it over several days. I've found the prices to vary by as much as 20% between sites and the price on one site vary from day to day. I also check to see if amenities are the same, some exclude breakfast, some have an extra tax.
-
Nanjing and Shanghai in 144 hours
Two years ago, I got a Chinese visa...the price for a one time visit or a ten year visa was the same...so i took the ten year.
-
Bangkok Report April 2017
Yes, thanks for your report
-
Soi Twilight Police Visit
Agree with Ryanasia, with all of the construction and property renewal going on around Twilight both on Surawong and Rama, I expect the land value will exceed soon the value of having Twilight operate.
-
Bangkok Report April 2017
Good to see you back in Bangkok and reporting
-
Eros bar closed
They upped their game
-
Zing Hotel / Resort Jomtien Complex - question
I'll be in Thailand in June, the first three nights in Pattaya. In the past, I've stayed at Poseidon and been very happy. A good friend who travels to Pattaya quit often suggested that I try the Zing Hotel/Resort which is in the Jomtien Complex and very near to Poseidon. Any feedback on Zing?
-
Trip Report - 11 nights in Laos
I had a similar series of massage experiences last October when I was in Vientiane and Luang Prabang.
-
Latest off fee
I am adding this to my list of Vinapu advice and tips for the seasoned (and unseasoned ) traveler. It should rank with the "smile" rule and putting different denominations of bhat in different pockets.
-
Jomtien Complex Massage
Don't remember ever seeing #5. But to the left when facing the Agate is TBMI, the Thai Blind Massage place. Excellent regular massage. Last trip (early February) had a good massage with light HE at Blue Massage.
-
Songkran 2017: Suggestions and advice
Have a great trip Paulsf and feel free to report on HK
-
Songkran 2017: Suggestions and advice
I agree with Vinapu's suggested bars. Also check out HotMale bar (downstairs) and see if Paul SF is in residence as he's the Forum mamasan for soi Twilight. If he is (you can PM him), he will be a font of information and is a rock of a person.
-
The journey begins, almost
The bluetooth keyboards serve as a stand for tablets when I don't want to hold mine in my hands. Good on planes...at least those that allow tablets.