Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ggobkk

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ggobkk

  1. You began with "To Butterfly or...". A butterfly moment is just a moment in one's trip for both (all) participants. Going beyond butterfly involves one in the guy's back story and often a sharing of emotional vulnerability. You capture this in stepping us through the meeting of your two comrades, the dinner, the phone call, the pent up anger, it's being dumped all at once, the reaction, the call was from his mother, remembering the father rejected him, that he's been rejected before, the misunderstanding, the reflection, the walking back. Masterful! A reminder that intimate transactions reverberate.
  2. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    Thanks for the report and for the details (boys and pricing)
  3. Nice report...best wishes for the settling in.
  4. While the July trip is not fully written up, I take this statement as a notice of coming attraction. I'll be in Thailand the first week in September splitting time between Pattaya and Bangkok. Then hope to return for more Thailand and Laos in October - a way to avoid the "charm" of the American election. Perhaps our paths will cross.
  5. Enjoy reading each installment and find the writing well crafted. Major question (at the moment) is when do you find time to do the writing?
  6. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    Crackdowns on pleasure, while ultimately never successful, can be successful in the short term. At the moment, as PaulSF and others have mentioned, the non Thai boys have been let go from the gogo shows. The Vietnamese boys, some of whom I know, are giving up on waiting and going home.
  7. I have to admit that when I open the board on my laptop, I look first to see if numazu has posted a new installment. While completely different, this form of impatient waiting on my part must be somewhat similar to those who waited for a new chapter from Dickens or an new Sherlock Holmes mystery.
  8. I use DivineMadman's insight and wisdom as my guide and appreciate the time he has given to this reply and to others in the past.
  9. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    I want to wish you a great time in Bangkok. Enjoy the sights, the palace, and allow your virgin status evaporate in a great time. I like Prince slightly more than Arena. In May, I had a glorious massage there. It was a two hour in one of the jaccuzi rooms. I chose from a large group of candidates (forky 123 iis correct about going early) and picked the boy who directed his attention and smiled the most. Very attentive, very naked, and supplied HJ and BJ (part of the BJ was underwater). Have a great time and thanks for opening up on the forum
  10. Thanks for the continuing reports...I enjoy them and relish the prose which is generous to all.
  11. Good question, one I haven't seen asked before. I agree with the general timing. But when it has gone longer it has involved something the boy I've offed has decided to be creative. Note, this is someone I've offed more than once. For example he's arranged a special event in the bathtub and, another time, a sandwich threeway with another boy.
  12. Agree with Paulsf... Also, reading rumors that the ban is being/has been lifted. Not sure this is correct as I'm hearing from some of the boys that they are afraid the ban will never be lifted. Doubt that, but doesn't make the concern any less real.
  13. Who of uk knows what the older gentleman looked like when he was 19...
  14. Thanks for the economics report. I tend to spend more on hotels and less on massage but the daily average is about the same. Two things that I do that you may not...I keep what ever baht I have left for my next visit. And, since I plant myself at one hotel (Tarntawan), on leaving I tip the evening security guard for watching over the documentation of my "guests". He's been there for years and takes care of me and my guests. Add me to the ever growing list of those who will miss your reports until they begin again the future.
  15. I copied the document to an excel spreadsheet and adjusted some of the columns...still not really printable...but have it as a reference. That said, THANKS, DivineMadman, for this - much appreciated. I hope you had a great time as a researcher!
  16. I appreciate your reports and look forward to each day's installment. Thanks...I've learned much that I've applied to my own land of smiles visits. I especially am enjoying following your stream of conscious reporting about your decision making process and that of Alek. You remain the emperor of kindness.
  17. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    When I was in Hotmale in May, there was a group of girls/women and a mixed group of men and women (guys may have been gay best friends.
  18. The USA Flag is hanging below the Vietnamese banner...I'm going to avoid a flag raising analogy
  19. As always, I love your adventure reports. Your writing style is filled with a wry sense about life in LOS.
  20. Thanks Paulsf. You have great contacts among the Viets. I suspect the request(s) for overseas support will begin soon, if they haven't already.
  21. I had a text from my friend T, a Vietnamese who works at Hotmale. He says the Thai police are banning Vietnamese from working in Thailand. Linking this to Vinapu's report on Lao boys seems to indicate this might be more than first thought.
  22. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    When I stayed at Tarntawan in early May, I noticed the International NY Times is no longer provided. Since I get the paper on line, I neglected to ask why. For English language readers, there was the Bangkok Post.
  23. Mac was my guide in early May. Before I arrived we had worked out a plan of sights to see, then the heat wave hit. Mac was inventive in finding cooler alternatives and providing lots of details about sights. He was very attentive to his customers.
  24. Tip preference - give it to the housekeeper directly. If not possible, then leave the tip in the open, on a desk or on a pillow. As to cleaning, I go out and find my room cleaned when I return. On arrival I ask the desk to let housekeeping know that I'd like a double order of towels and they appear shortly after being requested. This is true wherever I travel, in Bangkok, I base myself at the Tarntawan.
  25. Just back from a short visit to Bangkok. I contacted Ya -who was going to be guiding outside of the city. He arranged for Mac to be my guide. Mac was eager to be helpful and made some good suggestions - such as a trip to the floating market. The weather was hot (very hot) and he devised as least three inexpensive ways to be on the river.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.