Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ggobkk

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ggobkk

  1. This needs to be hardwired into all of us...
  2. Ryan is a jerk. Michael Phelps was a jerk, figured things out, and is now on top of his world. Ryan will probably not meet justice in Brazil but his endorsement future will suck air.
  3. I've been pleased by the siamroad guides. Especially adaptive when the weather changes and shuts down my plans. I'll be interested in your reports on Sareth as I'm thinking of a similar trip to Ankor early 2017.
  4. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    Here's the link to ChristianPFC listing http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2015/02/gay-forums-blogs-guides-and-encounters.html
  5. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    I link to three sites, this one, gaybutton and sawatdee network. This one seems to be the most helpful when information is needed. Members seem to want to help. Gaybutton (to me) has a lot of information on Pattaya and has had some interesting extend travel pieces. It has a good search function. I seem to recall that it almost closed down and then came back strong after a regroup. There are times when it does not seem to have much activity. (My impression) Sawatdee has also been revamped. I believe Moses, who is on this board had a big hand in keeping it going. It was the home of the bangkokbois blog which introduced scores and scores of farangs to the boys of Bangkok. and drew lots of numbers to the site. When the author died the site needed the revamping it received. It has some strengths and sometimes can be kidnapped by ongoing back and forth point scoring. If I remember ChristianPFC posted a list of sites from over the years...I believe it can be found on his homepage.
  6. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    At least, get in some pool time and then give him the bus ticket. Think its good that you are helping out.
  7. Decided that I didn't want to be constrained by the schedule and agenda of the television network here in the USA (NBC), so I watched almost everything on an iPad app. It also had the advantage of not having to listen to the expert commentators tell me how much they knew. Very enjoyable so far. Agree with Ryanasia regarding the pool chemicals. I suspect some one told some one else to make sure the appropriate ones were added and never checked - so extra chemicals added, none added, or wrong ones.
  8. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    Numazu - Paulsf's information agrees with what I know. Just two places at the moment. One can assume/hope/wish/be deluded enough to think that unlike Zika this is a trend that will spread.
  9. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    Cracks in the crackdown...I received a Line message from a Vietnamese who had been let go by Hotmale when the crackdown on non-Thais began. He wanted to let me know that he was now at Fresh Boys. I checked with another member of the Forum who is an expert on such things and he had also heard that at least two clubs were bringing back the Vietnamese. Passing this along and wondering if things were on "hold" until after the election. No, it couldn't be that...
  10. I suspect we will learn much from the replies to your queries and the reports (please) of your adventures. Hope our paths cross as I'll be in Bangkok in three weeks. Fun journey!
  11. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    Preparing for a short trip to Pattaya and Bangkok the first week in September, I checked out the usual apps (Jack'd, Hornet, Romeo, and Blued. Most of them temporarily showed me as being in one or the other of the towns. I quickly had multiple messages of interest. Maybe it's a visitors' bureau gambit (lol).
  12. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    Some time back, I volunteered at the local health department's HIV test clinic. I would provide counseling and also give the results of the tests. My experience agrees with Vinapu Every now and then partners came in who were "monogamous" and every now and then one of the other tested positive while the other didn't. As confidentiality was required, we insisted partners receive their results together.
  13. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    Quote about "old soldiers never die, they fade away" was from General Douglas MacArthur the great prima donna of generals who was fired by Truman. That noted, it is a very appropriate quote.
  14. Good coverage on BBC and France 24. Very little on US news so far. BBC reports two arrested, but that could be police public relations (round up all the usual suspects).
  15. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    You fit in and are more than welcome...
  16. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in Gay Pattaya
    In the San Francisco Bay area, restaurants are raising salaries and moving to a no tip policy. Prices are going up as a result. This practice is not yet widespread but as the wage rate moves toward a legislated $15 USD/hr, tipping practices will change.
  17. This is very helpful as (prior to reading Moses' posts), I'd booked BB for a two night stay in October. Now I need to remember to book Nick for a massage.
  18. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in Gay Pattaya
    Negative reviews...one person's negative review can be another's plus. I was booking a cruise to Alaska and trying to determine which cruise line was right for me and my friend. Saw a review headline "Don't sail on Holland America Line". Reading the review which was from a youth, I learned that Holland America was not for kids as there was nothing for them to do and there were few people their age on the ship. This negative review caused me to book on HAL and take a restful cruise.
  19. Reading your report and recalling the silences that are an essential part of the important partings. Thanks.
  20. So much for the BKK crackdown on non-Thai workers spreading to other locations.
  21. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    Thanks for the posting on variables in various countries. Laughed when you mentioned the place in South Kensington with the one way mirror which I've visited now and then over the past twenty plus years. I'm glad I left a good tip for the boy. Things are still the same in the USA, though porn stars pricing depends on the "star's" financial situation at the time.
  22. Numazu, I'm looking forward to you filing more reports...in the meantime, I suppose there is some wry amusement in observing an argument that goes round and round, back and forth, and continues even after all sides seem to acknowledge the need to pause. I've mentioned before how much your jottings are valued by me and from the comments by so many others. You have taken your friends like CB and DTG from being possible potential caricatures and made them fully realized characters, individuals with their own experiences, traumas, and views of life. Again, thanks...
  23. ggobkk replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    I need to look for t his fast track lane. My recent flights to BKK are via Tokyo and by the time I arrive in BKK (2300 hrs) I am tired and just moving with the pack to immigration that I don't look for the fast track lane as I fear that I will be at the end of the line if I don't find it. Next trip at the beginning of September I'll be coming from Beijing and arriving in the early morning, I'll resist the urge to rush and look this time for the fast track.
  24. Moving away from the topic of foisting a scam or scams on us "unsuspecting" visitors, I want to express my appreciation to Numazu for sharing his trip diary with us and drawing us into his balancing of relationships and experiences. Thanks!
  25. Joining with the others, good wishes for a speedy and comfortable recovery.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.