Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tomcal

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Tomcal

  1. I rent my home in Merida since I am only there two weeks every other month! It has worked great! I have property managers that take care of everything including meeting the renters when they arrive and depart, paying elect., Cable, water, pool cleaning, gardening for the equivalent of one day a month rental, and takes care of any problems as well as repairs needed.
  2. They are not rentboy saunas!
  3. We(speaking for Floridarob and myself)have our own sex parties with guys we meet inMerida/grindr, there is no shortage of guys that want to attend...but we both have homes there which makes a big difference vs renting a Airbnb or hotel!
  4. Hmmm...not sure what a "unashamedly" rentboy sauna is? Seriously I have never been ashamed to walk into a gay sauna or bar!
  5. I was at the new place last trip with Victor the Venzuelean massage guy from Rio who now lives in PA
  6. The address is the address is Rua Joaquim Silva, n. 8
  7. Riobard I do not believe it is the same place, it is owned by a local Brazilian and he is leading the space(I think it is a 5 year lease)to a American and a Brazilian whobl are partners in this venture) Here is a photo of it taken whrlen it was still operating as a casino
  8. A new sauna is opening up in Rio in the next 1 - 2 weeks. It puportedly will be the largest in Brazil. It was the site of a former Casino and Hotel, so has the "rooms" already! It has been going extensive remodeling the past 3 weeks adding the saunas, and making it into a useable form for a Gay sauna. I saw a video yesterday of what it looks like. It is going to have 16 or 18 suites, a large showroom/dance area with Gogo boy cages 10' above the floor and also a smaller separate bar for having negotiations with the guys where the music is quieter! Oh...and it is very close to 117! It looks to be about 5 blocks apart on Google maps! They are trying to have it open by June 24th
  9. Much Fewer choices and higher $$$ then airbnb, at least that is what I found!
  10. Victor lives in Porto Alegre now(been there since last fall) and works at Mezziniu Sauna
  11. FloridaRob I met in Rio in 2002, and against all odds became my best friend, and is the one who talked me into checking out Merida! I went to visit him, and literally met a guy 10 minutes after arriving while we were walking to bar owned by a friend ours there. He does know me best...but has a propensity to exaggerate! A lot! LOL
  12. I have slowed down this past year, and I do have someone special! Thats all I am saying right now in case I slip up and fall back into old habits! LOL
  13. It is easy to get fake docs in Mexico and I have quite a few friends in the local Gov't there now! LOL!
  14. Thanks Msclelovr ! I plan on spending 2 weeks every other month there( more or less), I don't have to pay taxes on my income that is earned outside of Mexico, which is All of it. The only taxes I pay each year are my property taxes which are extremely low in Mexico. I am not getting citizenship, just permanent residency, that allows me to open checking/savings bank accounts, go thru the Mexican citizen line at customs in the airport, apply for their hospitalization plan If wanted, etc., And most importantly I can stay in Mexico 1 day or 1 year or longer with no limit on my stay(s).
  15. I am going there in July(not the best time, hot, humid and frequent afternoon showers!)but I getting my permanent residency Visa! If you are 60 or older, and meet Mecico's financial requirements for monthly income and savings you can skip the 4 year TEMPORARY VISA And go right to permanent status. As a side benefit my Brazilian boyfriend is joining me there!
  16. I too have met guys from the Rio saunas in London, Zurich and several (5)of them in Barcelona!
  17. Over a year ago Rodolfo the owner was notified that his lease would more then likely not be renewed! The land it sits on is much more valuable with a 20 story condo on it(the same situation Pointe might face as the family that owns and are Point202's landlords also own the Atlanico hotel a few blocks away on Siquero Campos and we're going to build a hotel there but those plans fell through when they could not get the tax exemption). Rudolfo, does not seem concerned about it and it does not seem to be worried if he has to close, but it has not happened yet and I was told it probably won't happen this year, but no one seems to know for sure!
  18. Go to Airbnb type in Merida and then in filters click on homes in Centro, not apts! You can get a home entire home with pool walkable to many restaurants(over a 100)and 4 of the 5 gay bars! Listings are like this: https://abnb.me/CbjhXdML3W
  19. There are a lot of airbnbs especially in the off season(May - Sept)available! I would recommend Centro area, where most of the colonial homes are! I will be there the last two weeks in July, as will Florida Rob.
  20. I think it depends more on how well they know the client. For the last 2 or 3 years I have been offered bareback sex by sauna guys who regularly work Pointe and 117 and I am not asking, I would estimate 75% of the time! I say no that's ok let's use them, but I don't get into to conversations about as to why they are offering. Also better then 1/2 the 3 and 4 ways when they are doing each other it is usually condomless! So the old adage "being forwarned is being forwarded" or something like that! (The guys in Mexico have also gotten very free about condomless sex)
  21. Axiom wasn't that around 2002 or 2003?
  22. Grindr is very good in Merida! I use it there all the time. There are 5 gay bars/clubs in Merida, three of them within walking distance of each other. The other two a short Uber ride away! Overall Merida for being a traditional Mexican city is very gay friendly! As my friend Florida Rob says "everyone in Merida if they are not gay, want to be!" Lol the gay bars have "employees" that will sit with you as long as you buy them beers at a inflated(but still cheap)price! One of the dancers that I met 2 years ago I still see regularly! Here is a photo taken two weeks ago, he stopped buy to see if I wanted to have some fun after work and he is asleep in my bed! He stayed 6 hours and I gave him $500. Pesos($26.US) and 3 beers!
  23. I have the original "tales of the city" on video tape made in 1993 with Laura Linney, and it was great! Seeing this makes me want dig it out and rewatch it!
  24. Tomcal replied to Avalon1849's topic in The Beer Bar
    Are you informing us of your medical condition(s) or is there a question here??

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.