Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tomcal

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Tomcal

  1. It is easy to be overcharged the way the system is set up, always check your bill after each order! Also if you buy one of guys who work a drink there, you are charged more for a watered down drink! Best to only buy them bottled beers!
  2. I have been to Blue several times never had a problem but there were 4 to 6 of us each time I was there. Not really my type of place so I usually go to of the other 4 clubs in Centro that I can walk to! Blue you have to Uber to
  3. i have been going to Brazil 4 or 5 times a year since 2001, and honestly, and solely my opinion, i think it was more dangerous from 2001 - 2005 then now! I would hear weekly of “Boa noite Cinderilla”incidents! they were a every weekend occurrence! i know of 6 Americans that happened to and 4 garotoes i knew were murdered during that time period! But desperate times creates dispare in people and they do things they normally wouldn’t do so better to be extra vigilant during these difficult economic times when you visit Brazil!
  4. 117 is probably your best bet on Thurs! When I was there these last couple of trips I was/am pretty involved with a guy so I didn't go as often and did not go to the saunas on Thursdays.
  5. IMHO, the.combo of bad weather and it being the day after Ash Wednesday/Carnival ending, I am surprised any guys were at Lagoa working! I was there 3 weeks ago and it was packed on the weekend with many gorgeous men both mucsle guys and toned athletic body guys! Sunday can be ok at 117 but Pointe is also decent. Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays are the best nights at Pointe and Tuesdays is the night to go to 117
  6. Mvan I think I remember your namorado! And he did have something to show off :-)
  7. I have never asked to see a Brasilian I.D. in 18 years of going there! Not saying it's a bad idea I just don't know what it proves other then his real name(many Garotos have a sauna name different from their real first name)
  8. Tomcal replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    This discussion was very enlighting to me and points out the difference in cultures! In Brazil the other guys in the sauna will know what you like to do, dont.like, what you pay, how big you are or arn't, by your next visit! It isn't malicious it's just business for them! They gossip as much about us as we do about them! Also from what I have heard from my friends who go to Thailand, Thai guys are more reticent to participate in groups or 3 or 4 ways especially if they don't know the other guys! Not in Brazil! Everyone dives in immediately! :-). I was at one sauna in Rio 2 weeks ago, and 4 guys came in together and they had never been in a sauna before but thought it would be a great way to earn easy money! One I thought was very cute but I had already made plans to go up with a guy already so I asked the boy if he wanted to go with us and he said yes! Then as we were walking through the bar another guy I had seen before but had never gone with smiled at us and said "can I join you?" I said are you versitle? He smiled and the 4 of us went to a room and had a great time even though none of them had ever met before!
  9. Paulerio. How do the guys in PR compare with the Brazilian sauna guys facially? From the little I saw, I thought Brazioian guys were much better looking but I am basing that on just a couple of pics.
  10. Tomcal replied to floridarob's topic in Gay Thailand
    Hi, FloridaRob told me about the site and a comment a poster left on here about me! I am more then willing to impart whatever knowledge i have but a lot of information can be found on Boytoy.com So.American forum. I have been going to Brazil for 18 years, usually 4 times a year sometimes 5, usually for 10 -12 days. I have always spent the majority of my time in Rio, and a few days each trip in Sao Paulo and Porto Alegre! The last 8 years or so I have stayed in Airbnb Apartments as I much prefer that to hotels! I avoid 2 months, July and February! Historically the coldest(July) and Hottest(February) also July is when school closed for the month in Brazil so everything is more crowded and February for the week before and after Carnival as everything is 3X the price and there are a 1,000,000 extra people in Rio! Everyone mentions safety but if you stick to the tourist zones in Copa, Ipanema, etc. You will have no problems! I live in So. Cal. And there are just as bad areas here! The saunas are great! And you will find the kind of guy or guys you like there! I usually have 3 or 4 stay at the apartment with me when I am there! Flight time to Rio is about 11-1/2 hours and 12-1/2 to Sao Paulo
  11. All i have to add is i was there thursday night and it was filled and i met a really cute guy there!
  12. the rooms are the best part(it seems to be where i spend 95% of my time)they are 16 all new, w/Double mattress’ on a platform , all with All glass enclosed showers in each one, plus Client bathrooms on eac floor! very clean! Oz, 4 twinks showed up Monday night who had never worked in a Sauna before , 2 were very cute!
  13. this friday there were 14 escorts and about a dozen clients. i think it will take a few months to build up to old.MM standards of attendance. it has only been open one week.
  14. Many of the working guys are with their families on the Friday thru Sunday weekend. wouldn’t be my choice of time to go...and 117 is closed on Mondays i think you would have at least 4 consecutive nights of no sauna activity
  15. Darn! missed you by a couple days again!! and again.....Sane thing happens in Merida! :-)
  16. Last night(Friday) was the opening of the new “Manhatten 21” in Centro! Several of the guys who were there told me it was oof and they had 50 working guys show up! 16 suites all with showers. It has 5 floors with 3 floors occupied and the 4th and 5th for future expansion! It is open Monday thru Friday. I was told that centro is pretty empty on weekends so it was decided to be closed on Sat and Sundays since they are traditionally slow nights at the saunas! i will see it in person next friday.
  17. I will be in Rio from the 8th to the 14th, then Porto Alegre and São paulo from thec14th to 19th
  18. the new sauna is the dark broun building on the right,
  19. Manhatten Rios after next Monday is going back to being a straight sauna and in turn is taking over the newer facilities of a Straight sauna and that will be gay! Straight saunas are usually smaller in the common areas like the bar show areas then Gay saunas and this was very true with MR! The guy who recently built out a new sauna in Centro saw this and made a proposition that they exchange facilities and go in partnership running a gay and straight sauna! i was just sent a video of the new place and it looks good, although at this point all the walls are white, no decor yet! It appears to be four floors with the suites(all with glass in showers)on the 2nd and 3rd floors, the boys locker rooms on the 4th(maybe 5th i lost count)floor! it is scheduled to open for business next week. I do not have the address but was told it is about 2 blocks from Meo Mundo downtown! Here is a notice that came out today with i guess the new name!
  20. i have been here 3 days and the weather is perfect, Sunny with daytime temps 82/84 and nighttime around 62! We went to the newer gay bar and it was full and had various dancers walking on the oval bar dancing and removing their clothes until they were naked, at the same time another 10+ guys were working the room! The Brazilian who is staying with me was asked by the manager and then later by a waiter if he wanted to dance on the bar! he politely refused. the other Brazilian who is staying gets here today, he was suppose to get here Friday but the travel agency he works for in Cancun had asked him to work the last 2 days because of a influx of Brazilian tourists(Cancun is the new hotspot for Brazilians). Had a small party last night and one of the Americans invited a guy off of Grindr over and another local i know showed up and by the end of the night they were flashing their dicks(with the encouragement of FloridaRob)Everyone who wasn’t staying here left at 3:30 this morning!
  21. I agree totally with Rob!(extremely rare occurrence). My house is in the historic center and was originally built over 120 years ago but was gutted to the ground 9 years ago except for the outside walls which the historical society makes you retain, they are 18’ tall. inside the house is new but retains the mexican style. i paid $345,000. for it 2 years ago.
  22. Yes it is Merida, the capital city of the Yucatan of over 1,000,000 people. The city is one of the oldest in the Western Hemisphere with work starting on the Cathedral in 1540 and it location is the center of Merida where many events take place in the park across the street(including hustling)! I went the first time because FloridaRob had moved there several years before and invited me down. I landed at the airport got to his house and literally 15 minutes later pocked up a guy at the park who spent the night! 3 months later i owned a house in the historic part of town! :-). After almost 2 years i still really like it here, it has a small but international airport with direct flights to Houston and Miami and Atlanta. The house i bought is 150 years old although as with most of the homes in the Historic section the Outside walls(18’ tall) have to remain the inside 9 years ago was completely demolished to the ground and rebuilt in Mexican/Yucatan style. attached is some photos of 8BAC8E81-F358-46C4-9698-09DDF84F6193.MOV
  23. I echo what everyone here says!! i have been going 4 or 5 times a year since 2001 and it is actually so much easier now with the translation apps then it was in 2001 when no one even had smart phones, and information on a forum like this was very limited! I remembered i only took cash and a 35mm camera the first 5 years i went to Rio! One kind of a mistake every newbie makes including me is going to the sauna for the first time and going with the first guy that smiles or talks to you! Go in sit down have a drink and take in the scene for 15 - 30 minutes before you pick your guy! I guarantee you will see a guy you think is hotter then the First guy you see, or the 2nd or the 3rd lol One thing that a new American i met last trip told me, he says “i thought 117 was supposed to be one of the best saunas here but there are not that many guys in the bar!?” I asked him “did you walk to the left of the stage out the back doorway to the “smoking bar area?” He said “No i didn’t know there was another room!” Make sure you check out all the areas(Manhatten Rios has a hidden 2nd bar also).
  24. I am heading back to Mexico for 2 Weeks and meeting up with 2 Brazilians there(as well as FloridaRob).also 2 American Friends are coming! A 5th gay bar as opened up and according to Rob it was pretty good when he went last week! A stripper who i met almost 2 years ago and has become kinda a regular visitor at my place is working there now! Like Brazil the guys keep track of when you are due back and starting about a week ago i started getting messages! then today the soccer player from Porto Alegre(one of the cousins)messaged me and said he is vacationing in Cancun for the next two weeks and is going to come by for a few days! So looks like there will be 3 Brazilians staying with me...almost like Rio! :-) Cancun is about 90 miles from me and there are hourly bus service as well as flights(1/2 hour flt time)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.