Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AdamSmith

Deceased
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AdamSmith

  1. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    'Atheists & agnostics...'
  2. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    'Novel Writing with Thomas Hardy...'
  3. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
  4. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    again -- and given all the above posts -- you have lost me. Sorry to be so slow. Explain if desired.
  5. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Occurs also that the Germanic grammatical basis of English has maybe embedded into itself a certain Teutonic leaning-into-emotional-&-intellectual conflict--for-its-own-sake which is not very productive? ...'Tomorrow belongs to me'...
  6. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    That is very useful. Genuinely thank you That was helped clarify my thinking a lot.
  7. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
  8. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
  9. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    I think I am an absolute atheist. Yet I believe in a spiritualism that the concept 'humanism' does not remotely do justice to. Help me understand your beef with that?
  10. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Well, it is. I would stand in trembling, and dread, and fear of his judgment. I would not seek to evade that judgment.
  11. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Charon on the River Styx, coming to collect the lost and ferry them across. by Gustav Dore
  12. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Inferno_(Dante)#Canto_III:_The_Gate_of_Hell Through me you go to the grief wracked city; Through me you go to everlasting pain; Through me you go a pass among lost souls. Justice inspired my exalted Creator: I am a creature of the Holiest Power, of Wisdom in the Highest and of Primal Love. Nothing till I was made was made, only eternal beings. And I endure eternally. Abandon all hope — Ye Who Enter Here Variant translation: 'Through me the way to the suffering city; Through me the everlasting pain; Through me the way that runs among the Lost. Justice urged on my exalted Creator: Divine Power made me, The Supreme Wisdom and the Primal Love. Nothing was made before me but eternal things And I endure eternally. Abandon all hope - You Who Enter Here.' Variant Translation: 'I am the way into the city of woe. I am the way to a forsaken people. I am the way into eternal sorrow. Sacred justice moved my architect. I was raised here by divine omnipotence, primordial love and ultimate intellect. Only those elements time cannot wear are beyond me, and beyond time I stand. Abandon All Hope, Ye Who Enter Here.' Note: Full inscription on the top of the gate.
  13. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    If so, then so... Canto III Per me si va ne la città dolente, per me si va ne l’etterno dolore, per me si va tra la perduta gente. Giustizia mosse il mio alto fattore: fecemi la divina podestate, la somma sapienza e ’l primo amore. Dinanzi a me non fuor cose create se non etterne, e io etterno duro. Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch’intrate.
  14. AdamSmith replied to RA1's topic in The Beer Bar
    PPS Sex & alcohol fuel learning!
  15. AdamSmith replied to RA1's topic in The Beer Bar
    Now, the white players at NC State in that era I could do with pleasure! ...that cute little shooter Monte Towe...! Et al.
  16. AdamSmith replied to RA1's topic in The Beer Bar
    Big bland white guys are just not my thing. That is what the b-ball team was full of when I was there (just like Allen today). And while the starting team (1977-1979, Mike Gminski etc) was very bright, the B-levels were dumb as dirt. A real turn-off for yer AS.
  17. Just wait. Again, took two years to take down Tricky Dick. Mueller's report will make damning reading. Smells like it's coming fairly soon.
  18. https://www.yahoo.com/news/james-comey-fires-back-trump-000051704.html
  19. Comey, who will publish a book next month, also tweeted. “Mr President,” he wrote, “the American people will hear my story very soon. And they can judge for themselves who is honorable and who is not.” https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/mar/17/donald-trump-lawyer-andrew-mccabe-fbi-fired-brennan
  20. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Fierce.
  21. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
  22. AdamSmith replied to RA1's topic in The Beer Bar
    Because, seriously, I can't stomach organized sports ruling any college campus the way that basketball claimed 2/3 of all Duke students' thought pathways. Not what I went to college for. Sorry to be such a sourpuss. (The twin, unrelated, factor was that 51% of all men students, and 49% of women, belonged respectively to fraternities and sororities.) Sorry: on this I am (as Nixon said of Robert Kennedy) a "fiery seventeenth-century Jesuit priest." What brings the thought up, btw?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.